Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sheds

Re: Sheds

Nice set Wayne!

Nicest wt shed I found was xmas day, dropped that night still bloody. Seen a couple walking around with one side dropped prior to archery closing dec.20. Be hard pressed to find a wt with headgear bigger than a fork horn right now in my neck of the woods.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

I like thee real confessions, Hahahaha, good reports on antler drops by real knowledgeable people, us hunters Eh.

--> Nice to see actual finds and when they dropped and what kind also.

1. Remember an antler is like the leaves on a tree, they get pushed off the head by the new antler coming in.

Jelly -- hunter47 in deer heaven -- shed thread -- excellent information -- up to date -- > we all relate <--

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Nice set Wayne!

Nicest wt shed I found was xmas day, dropped that night still bloody. Seen a couple walking around with one side dropped prior to archery closing dec.20. Be hard pressed to find a wt with headgear bigger than a fork horn right now in my neck of the woods.
    Ya, by the time Santa gets around to us on the West coast he's had a few too many happy Eggnogs and he may have misjudged a landing site and driven his reindeer into the trees. Branches may have knocked an antler off one of his deer. Flying Christmas Whitetails - be careful.

I don't pick up sheds anymore. The rodents need them more than I do. They sure are a nice indicator of what animals were in the area though. It would be interesting to see one wedged in a tree (extremely unlikely) or stuck in branches.

This is the kind of gold a person loves to find all you have to do is find where the elk hang out in late Feb just a few shed pictures to get you shed hunters
    cranked for the upcoming shed season,,,,,these few sheds from many finds are from last years find

Last edited by hunter1947; 01-10-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

.................................................. ..............
    Last edited by hunter1947; 01-10-2019 at 08:21 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Awesome! Great way to fight the winter blues.

The one bull elk shed is wicked.
    He must have an antler profile that goes straight up, but not wide.
    Would be an interesting wall mount for sure!
    Nice buddy!

ya, they look nice and it's cool to see guys finding sets. I can see the fun in that treasure hunt.