View Poll Results: What Shooting Range do you recommend?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joe Rich Sportsman's Association

3 30.00%
  • Oceola Shooting Range

4 40.00%
  • Peachland Sportsmen’s Association

1 10.00%
  • Kelowna & District Fish & Game

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Range Suggestions?

Shooting Range Suggestions?

Any recommendations on the shooting ranges near Kelowna?

I'm interested in either:
    Joe Rich
    Oceola (Winfield)
    Peachland
    Swamp Road?

The lower costs of the Winfield and Peachland are attractive. I spoke to one hunter who goes to Peachland and recommended it, all are between a 20-45 minute drive from me or so.

I hunted around Beaver Lake this year, and might want to do a little more of it, so might be leaning toward Winfield to hopefully make friends, I'm a brand spanking new hunter, but 44 years in the tooth. I'm also interested in areas west of big white, Aberdeen Lake area, so maybe Joe Rich is also an option. I have friends who hunt Princeton/Peachland areas so there's that too. I guess I could try to join them all, but that seems expensive...

I'm not looking for negative feedback of any, I'm sure they are all run great, just looking for positive recommendations if you're a member.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by joshbazz; 01-02-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shooting Range Suggestions?

visit them all first.
    than go to a function..than decide.

I was with Kelowna, then I went to Oceola for a few years and now I'm with Joe Rich. It's not cheap but all the facilities are in one spot, 300 meter rifle range and not a lot of members yet so I'm usually alone when I go which I like. Best of all it's close for me since I live just off Hwy 33. There's no skeet or clay shooting on the property, they don't want the pellets contaminating the area to protect nearby land for some birds.

Thanks Bankshot! That's what I was looking for that 300 range sounds appealing!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Excellent facility in vernon if you interested in a little longer drive.

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchhead View Post
    Excellent facility in vernon if you interested in a little longer drive.
    Not a bad idea, I do go to Vernon often, and will likely hunt between Winfield and Lavington this fall...
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

— G. K. Chesterton

Vernon Fish & Game range is another 20 minutes east out of town. It is a well equipped facility. Curious as to why where you intend to hunt would influence which range you choose? I hunt in a number of MUs, 3, 4, 8, 6 for moose last season. Range day is range day for me. Hunting another.

Can you guys give me an idea of how much you pay to access your gun ranges? We here in Trail have just had our fees increased from $5 (the cost of a key) to $25 and a bunch of guys are squacking about it. Oh, we also have to belong to an organization with liability insurance. Thanks
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    Vernon Fish & Game range is another 20 minutes east out of town. It is a well equipped facility. Curious as to why where you intend to hunt would influence which range you choose? I hunt in a number of MUs, 3, 4, 8, 6 for moose last season. Range day is range day for me. Hunting another.
    For many, belonging to a club is as much social as it is just for the range or quad insurance. For example Armstrong, Oceola, Lumby all have events for members and organized shooting events, even Christmas parties.
    Vernon ?............not so much........
    but they have a nice range
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    Can you guys give me an idea of how much you pay to access your gun ranges? We here in Trail have just had our fees increased from $5 (the cost of a key) to $25 and a bunch of guys are squacking about it. Oh, we also have to belong to an organization with liability insurance. Thanks
    BCWF member clubs usually have far higher rates because of the dues paid to The Fed, which gives the benefits.
    Around here memberships are near $100 for Wife and Me
    Last edited by boxhitch; 01-03-2019 at 09:19 AM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole