Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: So what is going to change in the regulations this year

Re: So what is going to change in the regulations this year

Wow, not sure on which comments to laugh about, and which ones are actually serious????
    Ban during the rut?
    No Trail Cams?
    Glad to see "Cabin Fever" took less then a month to set in for many on here, and a serious case of it to boot.
    hmmmm…..
    Hoping this is just a "Farce Thread".

Hearing rumours of no discharge of firearms within 1000m of any FSR in BC along with archery only within 50km of all cities exceeding a population of 20k

This will be put in place strictly for public safety

Rumour has it that there will be a new way of cancelling your tag. It is suggested that you cancel the sex of the animal as to what YOU THINK the animal identified as... There will be an additional leaflet with each license with the appropriate 56 different sexes labelled. The newest sex is called a Boe
    Last edited by eatram; 01-04-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    Anyone hear of anything changing this year ?
    Im guessing your question is a legit one, havent heard of any reg change talk yet but some discussions on them, do hope something is done sooner then later for
    sheep and goats in region 4. Lower autherizations for goat and close more sheep areas or go on LEH numbers are hurting in some
    areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning 3\d View Post
    Banning all ATV.

I think trackers are whats being banned

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Im guessing your question is a legit one, havent heard of any reg change talk yet but some discussions on them, do hope something is done sooner then later for
    sheep and goats in region 4. Lower autherizations for goat and close more sheep areas or go on LEH numbers are hurting in some
    areas.
    Since you're serious about advocating for eliminating even more hunting opportunity....

How is reducing the harvest of a handful of senile rams going to help recruitment?

Maybe the sheep problem is that the current regulations are causing a harmful genetic selection and it is time to go back to the regulations that existed when sheep populations were strong.....

While I was joking about trail cams and some cannot see the humour, I feel I must comment on the drone comments. Seems most that have commented are only seeing the ethical hunting issue as to why they are restricted. Fact is, privacy is the reason why they are not allowed in most places aside from the little toys still being sold. GoPro actually made a big gamble putting a ton of their market shares in a new drone and sales flopped because of heavy restrictions due to privacy issues. The hit was very bad for them and almost sank them. They are still trying to recover. Drone use is so very heavily regulated with huge hoops to jump through to get permits to fly that the market crashed. When there were no rules, the sky was the limit for that market. My joke regarding trail cams had much grounds for merit based on what happened in the drone industry and there are indeed States starting to regulate trail camera use. If this offends you, that makes it more funny to me. The thread was asking about new regulations. I turned it into a humour post and most followed suit.

Quote Originally Posted by eatram View Post
    Rumour has it that there will be a new way of cancelling your tag. It is suggested that you cancel the sex of the animal as to what YOU THINK the animal identified as... There will be an additional leaflet with each license with the appropriate 56 different sexes labelled. The newest sex is called a Boe
    that's funny #$% right there

I am going to assume that at some point, maybe not this season, but a few changes to elk in some form or other in R4.
    Whether it is getting rid of some of the bow opportunities or something even more, I cant say.
    Just some of what I read and the concerns for low #'s in some areas.
    Zone X worked better then they thought.
    That being said, doesn't sound like they want #'s to be higher than 12,000 in the future, so who knows how they go about
    propping up the #'s and then trying to cull them again??
    Not really a rum our, but just my thoughts what might be coming from recent reads.

For perspective, the next set of regulations will be 2020-2022 I believe.
    The process:
    Reg changes are currently being discussed in regional advisory groups. Usually in December the meetings are about Gov sharing statistics. Over the next quarter, regulation proposals will be submitted and discussed. By June, regulations with merit start to come together.
    In October (2019) the regs are loosely 'drafted' and Government goes out to Indigenous people for comment, and following that, the long period of public engagement occurs, before final decisions are made.

FYI, there is a committee now on Fair Chase with a number of topics to consider and those which might warrant regulation change will be included in the Fall 2019 proposed reg changes.