Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So what is going to change in the regulations this year

Re: So what is going to change in the regulations this year

Quote Originally Posted by ramcam View Post
    I dont think any changes will happen, I believe we just printed a 2 year regulation book last year so i am thinking no
    changes this year.
    They can change the regs at any given time regardless if there is a printed copy. The printed copy is basic reference for the most part. With the online world, the simply post any changes to their website, it's up to the hunter to check it often in order to be informed, technically every time before leaving on a hunt. Here is the link... on that page you will see that you can subscribe to an RSS feed that will inform you of updates when they happen..... https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...ctions-updates

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    After having such a positive response following the ban of the use of drones, it looks like trailcams are next on the list. When one jurisdiction makes the call, others follow, and BC is already behind the times on this. The ethical debate aside, what did the drone in was the legalities under privacy rights. The trailcam falls under the same legal nightmares. The government does not want human rights lawsuits against them, so an outright ban is the easiest solution.
    Well if that's the case, an argument can be made against security cams, or traffic cams, or cell phone cams, TV cameras, and any handheld camera. I don't see those going away any time soon, but rather becoming more common place. But I could see them banning trail cams for the reason you stated. But I thought the drone thing had more to do with unfair advantage, like being in a plane or helicopter and spotting game from the air, and then landing and immediately hunting that game. A trail cam that can transmit it's pics wireless kinda fits that category, cause it can be up to the minute reporting I suppose (I dunno, i've never owned a transmitting one to see how they work). But I don't see a problem with a non-wireless cam, because all its doing is telling you the past, not what is happening at the present.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    and NO " ISLANDERS " allowed to HUNT on the Mainland ! RJ
    Yes, but I heard that's being coordinated with a complete ban on all fishing and USE of all tidal waters except for Islanders.....that includes any of OUR sockeye that might use your river to spawn !

However, your welcome to shoot any seals or sea lions you can see from shore....apparently there will be a GOS for them with NO bag limit !!!

Arrow Re: So what is going to change in the regulations this year

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    and NO " ISLANDERS " allowed to HUNT on the Mainland ! RJ
    Roosevelt Elk LEH's will ONLY be issued to Islanders Period.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I heard all seasons would be in "sync". I guess that would close the august moose/elk up north? I love the early season and would be pretty bummed about that.

I hear blacktails will have a special opening in Oak Bay, rifle only, and you can also take any yappy lapdogs that charge you

Harvest a wolf/cougar/coyote system to increase your LEH odds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    Harvest a wolf/cougar/coyote system to increase your LEH odds!!!
    BEST IDEA ! Plus Bears ! there a BAD Predator too ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    After having such a positive response following the ban of the use of drones, it looks like trailcams are next on the list. When one jurisdiction makes the call, others follow, and BC is already behind the times on this. The ethical debate aside, what did the drone in was the legalities under privacy rights. The trailcam falls under the same legal nightmares. The government does not want human rights lawsuits against them, so an outright ban is the easiest solution.
    A touch dramatic.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Everyone in region 2 are getting free tags for regions 3&8
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    A touch dramatic.
    Never thought of myself of much of a fishermen but I surprisingly catch a few everytime I cast the line out.