Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Harrison Gong Show

Re: Harrison Gong Show

Sad ! Hate to say it but young minds are probably the most to blame for the problem ,but not exclusively ! You just don't think the same when your younger and depending how you were brought up can dictate your behaviour . So easy to just pick up your garbage when your done ,take it home or drop it off at an appropriate place on the way home . JMO !
    Arctic Lake

Used to hunt up there late 1960ies. Bear in the spring & deer in the fall. Hardly saw anyone when going on days off during the week. Things have sure changed as has society. Glad we had the opportunities when we did there.

Within 1.5 hours of vancouver there are accessible roads that offer simple access and have little traffic.

My now developing bt spot sees industrial use but little hunting cause you have to leave the truck to see deer. Even deactivations once the tire tracks stop the deer appeared.

Hard work local blacktails. Hooked now though.

Other than some friendly guys who were just pre scouting for hike in spots didnt see a single hunter on their feet other than 2 or 3 empty trucks the whole season. Spent about 5 days in September there and 4 in November. I mean one morning from first light till 1pm I sat on a porch above the mainline and saw one truck and one work truck. Peak rut.

If you're willing to put in the work for hikes trip reports on club tread often talk about wildlife they see.