Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harrison Gong Show

Re: Harrison Gong Show

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    sounds like not much has changed..

moving the shooting boundary just pushes the garbage shooters...
    i would like to see police and co come to these spots..not just road block at the bottom but drive up in a un marked beater...and observe...
    the amount of restricted weapons,garbage shooting,drug use, excessive alchoal,and stolen atvs and vehicles detected would be massive..
    i am proud to say i live in a quite corner of the world now.
    DRUG USE what you talking about hard drugs ? Cause from what I remember POT IS LEGAL now no different then the guy sitting around a fire at hunting camp drinking a BEER ...
    Shhhhitttt I got this hold my beer

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex hunter2 View Post
    DRUG USE what you talking about hard drugs ? Cause from what I remember POT IS LEGAL now no different then the guy sitting around a fire at hunting camp drinking a BEER ...
    When I was growing up in the lower mainland there was a lot more then pot at the bush parties and I highly doubt that has changed

Yes pot and alcohol are the most common but not the only thing out there

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    When I was growing up in the lower mainland there was a lot more then pot at the bush parties and I highly doubt that has changed

Yes pot and alcohol are the most common but not the only thing out there
    Yes but what I am saying anyone doing hard drugs is a idiot anyhow but I was trying to say if it was POT theres no difference then guys in hunting camp drinking beer both are legal period...

Yes but what I am saying anyone doing hard drugs is a idiot anyhow but I was trying to say if it was POT theres no difference then guys in hunting camp drinking beer both are legal period...
    You might be in one of those situations where you’re defending something no one is attacking

Pretty sure walks with deers issue is with the idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    You might be in one of those situations where you’re defending something no one is attacking

Pretty sure walks with deers issue is with the idiots
    yeah I was just wondering what he was meaning , and I agree them idiots need to stay outta the woods where WE all enjoy to bring our familys . was not meaning any disrespect period

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    LOL fair enough. Nothing against road hunting either. It is effective in some places but Reg 2 bears know how to play that game. I think it might actually be the only coherent part of their thought process. Engine sound, hide. No engine sound, commence grass eating and pooping.
    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with road hunting. I road hunt all the way to and from my intended stalk and still hunt destinations. I appreciate the legal game that give themselves up on the road. All my grouse were taken while road hunting this year. With my road hunt, I'm the slow fart that everyone passes by. But these dirt bikes and atvs that pepper the rocks afterwards is something else.

So true so true but I still would avoid hunting in harrison
    I agree - I'm not going there even though it is close to my home. I've found other decent locations close by and I'll definitely be working those areas in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    I agree - I'm not going there even though it is close to my home. I've found other decent locations close by and I'll definitely be working those areas in 2019.
    yes near the end of this hunting season I found some good black tail pockets that im gonna hunt hard in the new year

yes near the end of this hunting season I found some good black tail pockets that im gonna hunt hard in the new year
    THat's a great way to describe the spots - pockets. I haven't been hunting them incorrectly. I've walked through their areas, recognized the deer signs but blew it by not realizing that these BT's will reside in these tiny pockets and I just passed right on through these areas without enough investigation. I also know that these suckers sure like to be near rock bluff that will make goats second guess their footings. And they watch you - I swear the moment you make eye contact, they book it never to be seen again.

I'll get one sooner or later but it sure as heck won't be up Harrison. Sure would be nice to get up onto that low plateau between Harrison and Agassiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    THat's a great way to describe the spots - pockets. I haven't been hunting them incorrectly. I've walked through their areas, recognized the deer signs but blew it by not realizing that these BT's will reside in these tiny pockets and I just passed right on through these areas without enough investigation. I also know that these suckers sure like to be near rock bluff that will make goats second guess their footings. And they watch you - I swear the moment you make eye contact, they book it never to be seen again.

I'll get one sooner or later but it sure as heck won't be up Harrison. Sure would be nice to get up onto that low plateau between Harrison and Agassiz.
    Start thinking in pockets for hunting in general not just BT. Most people do just like you did and hike right past the sign rather then put in the time to see what is making

Now that you are thinking pockets start thinking how small of a pocket can hold huntable deer populations. There is some awesome BT pockets that are overlooked because it’s a small area.

Bluffs are good but there is no lack of low land deer as well