Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail cams on crown land?

Re: Trail cams on crown land?

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    You are joking, right? It's not left at the side of a road or dropped in a ditch! It's strapped to a tree - a deliberate act! If it's not yours, leave it the f@ck alone!!! and that includes the card for that matter. If you want to see pics, put your own camera up. Have a great New Year.
    I don't use trail cams and couldn't be bothered to look and someones spy pics....I'm proficient enough of a hunter that I can get all the game I want without relying on electronic surveillance to aid my short comings! Some may need it though! enjoy your electronic day...most of the guys i know that have to rely on pics are the same guys that get skunked year after year but they keep showing everyone all the game they caught on their cams like they are some kind of heros.

LOL....what a joke! I'll just leave my shyt in the bush and be "holier than thou" when it goes missing.

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    Trail camera don’t work well when i put them away in the closet at home you need to leave on the trail. If I’m going to sit there and watch them then I don’t need them. It’s a risk i know leaving on crown land but if someone take a trail cam off a tree or a tree stand that stealing to me not salvage.
    Dude, I've seen trail cams on the same tree multiple years in a row...thats abandonment!

Just a tip on making theft a little more difficult.

https://youtu.be/mWfoh5qfwJ0

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Threads like this show the lack of respect some have for other hunters

degrads a little more each year
    I personally see the lack of respect coming from both sides of the fence. I don't run trail cameras or pop up blinds etc but I have encountered plenty of these things in the bush far away from the roads. It seems many people use these items as a way to stake their claim. If a blind or a trail cam is set up, others must just 'f off' and leave the area immediately. I have had hunters come at me for parking at the same trailhead. They were there first so the area is theirs. Funny thing is, who is to say who was first? I know a guy that saw a trail camera placed in an area he has hunted for 25 years. He did the moon salute as he triggered it. Turns out the owner of the camera got right pissed over that. My friend had no right to moon the camera and had no right to hunt that spot because it was obvious that another hunter was set up there. Really, true story. So, with the use of cameras, you can claim an area for yourself. All other hunters that hunt it are unethical dicks because that camera proves you were there first. Doesn't matter if you were still shitting yellow in your diaper when someone else was hunting it the old fashioned way. You put the modern technology there, you claimed it. It is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I personally see the lack of respect coming from both sides of the fence. I don't run trail cameras or pop up blinds etc but I have encountered plenty of these things in the bush far away from the roads. It seems many people use these items as a way to stake their claim. If a blind or a trail cam is set up, others must just 'f off' and leave the area immediately. I have had hunters come at me for parking at the same trailhead. They were there first so the area is theirs. Funny thing is, who is to say who was first? I know a guy that saw a trail camera placed in an area he has hunted for 25 years. He did the moon salute as he triggered it. Turns out the owner of the camera got right pissed over that. My friend had no right to moon the camera and had no right to hunt that spot because it was obvious that another hunter was set up there. Really, true story. So, with the use of cameras, you can claim an area for yourself. All other hunters that hunt it are unethical dicks because that camera proves you were there first. Doesn't matter if you were still shitting yellow in your diaper when someone else was hunting it the old fashioned way. You put the modern technology there, you claimed it. It is yours.
    I suspect this could be one of the reasons that trail cams go missing. Someone gets pissed that someone has stuck a trail cam in the other guys spot. Yup, I would also feel pretty pissed if I found a camera in a spot I like.
    Last edited by Rieber; 12-31-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Proguide66, who runs more cams than anyone I know of (locally at least), says that the only cameras he has had stolen over the years have been his Stone's Sheep cameras. Apparently SOME sheep hunters think just because they hiked 2 days into a remote spot that no one else is entitled to it. Doubt they even packed the cameras out. Probably just threw them away so he can't find them. Lame.

I climbed 6hrs up into one of my alpine spots to find 3 new guys in the area. As disheartening as it was, its public land .... not much you can do about it but adapt your hunting style to it.

The messaging cameras seem like an unfair advantage. Set them up in a perimeter around your area and then wait for picture messages. Get the message and walk to the perfect ambush spot for that animal. Seems like cheating - like using drones.

^^^^^^^^
    must be the same guys who park the truck so no one can drive by.

Had some twats do that to my elk spot. Jokes on them because the elk are 2 hr walk away from them. Funny ass reaction as I stroll by in the dark while they are in their blinds ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD lol. They were nice enough to cut a tree down on the road to try and ruin my day. Didn’t work out as I had a old shit truck I didn’t care about, that was great to break trail in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    The messaging cameras seem like an unfair advantage. Set them up in a perimeter around your area and then wait for picture messages. Get the message and walk to the perfect ambush spot for that animal. Seems like cheating - like using drones.
    Seems the same sentiment was held by the spear hunters when bows were new, then the bow hunters when firearms came into play, then the wagon users when engine powered vehicles started showing up, then outfitters when ATV's arrived on the scene. Always something new that makes it easier for some and cheating for others...
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

So if I mooned one of Proguide's cameras would he be pissed? I think he would laugh his ass off and I would be his next internet viral post. You see, there is a different mindset with some hunters these days. Back when I was a kid, you would find real treestands built on the edg s of meadows and natural openings. No one would bat an eye at you if you climbed up and sat a while. But, now, someone puts a modern prefab stand on the edge of that same meadow, they have just claimed that for themselves. It doesn't matter if people have hunted there for 50 years, that new stand claims it for the new guy. All other hunters just need to f### off and leave that spot immediately.