Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail cams on crown land?

Hybrid View

Trail cams on crown land?

I'm a new bc resident and haven't hunted here yet. I have never owned a trail cam because I dont have private land to hunt. In ontario, you are taking a chance leaving trail cams up on crown land and every season cams get stolen. Is it the same here?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Trail cams on crown land?

Yup theres always a chance some asshole will find it. Lots of people still put them out and have no issues.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

There is always a chance your cams could get stolen. there are a lot of assholes in this world. I'm careful where I put mine for that reason and have never had one stolen.

If you put them where others are likely to walk yes they will most likely disappear. Myself and many others have never had issues though, look for seclusion.

Lock box lagged to a tree. Cable lock through the box and a small padlock over the front will deter most criminals.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Lock box lagged to a tree. Cable lock through the box and a small padlock over the front will deter most criminals.
    Most times , have had 2 stolen and one they tried but gave up on with the above set up .
    Seems like some so called hunters are now carrying bolt cutters in the packs . *******S !!!
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Most times , have had 2 stolen and one they tried but gave up on with the above set up .
    Seems like some so called hunters are now carrying bolt cutters in the packs . *******S !!!
    Yes, I remember when those dirty rotten bass turds gave their best attempt at getting that camera. It is always a risk placing our cameras on crown (and even private) land no matter how far off the beaten path we go. If someone wants our stuff bad enough they will get it. The best we can do is try and deter them.

Between guys attempting to steal our cameras, blinds etc., guys hunting over an established spot - oh and guys hanging tree stands 50yds away from your site (personal favourite) there seems to be no bar low enough for some people to go.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Yes, I remember when those dirty rotten bass turds gave their best attempt at getting that camera. It is always a risk placing our cameras on crown (and even private) land no matter how far off the beaten path we go. If someone wants our stuff bad enough they will get it. The best we can do is try and deter them.

Between guys attempting to steal our cameras, blinds etc., guys hunting over an established spot - oh and guys hanging tree stands 50yds away from your site (personal favourite) there seems to be no bar low enough for some people to go.
    No shortage of AssRats and Gut Pile hunters these days .
    Sad state of affairs in the hunting community .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

It’s always a possibility and odds increase in busy areas.

Knock on wood I have not lost one yet but I know lots of guys who have

You also need to worry about bears messing with them