Thread: BC Govt resource stewardship

BC Govt resource stewardship

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...sed-investment

Some of the existing activities and projects may have long-term strategies that identify priority work to be completed over a number of years. Projects should also meet the following government commitments:

• Eliminate the backlog NSR (pre 1987) by 2015
    • Continue remediating priority fish passage crossings, as per ministerial response to Forest Practices Board Special Investigation Report 25
    • Plant at least 20 million trees annually for the next 15 years on MPB and wildfire impacted lands
    • Improving mid-term timber supplies through investments in incremental silviculture and tree improvement.
    • Improve provincial forest inventories consistent with the 10 year inventory strategic plan
    • Improve fish and wildlife inventories to ensure sustainable use of these resources
    • Prevent new and reduce existing invasive plant impacts on forest and range resources to levels that are environmentally and economically acceptable
    • Protect the British Columbia's international trade through the eradication of Gypsy Moth
    • 2014/15-2016/17 Ministry Service Plan Performance Goals
    • Data Quality Standard must align to meet Performance Measure 4 in the 2014/15 Ministry Service Plan
    • Each investment category must consider how climate change has affected, or will affect, resource values and their associated goals, objectives and targets
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BC Govt resource stewardship

Great info, lots of prime habitat in the next few years.
    Thanks for the post.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Arrow Re: BC Govt resource stewardship

I'll believe it when I see it...
    And I ain't holding my breath btw.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Don't know if I like the .....Prevent new and reduce existing invasive plant species...Don't like the glysophate spraying ..It kills the weeds and shrubs ungulates need ..A sterile evergreen forest is useless ...Dennis

Best way to draw attention to something is to put a $value on it
    The Stewardship plan has been in place for several years, would be interesting to see the next update, whether they are living up to their own expectations
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole