Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This should help....

Re: This should help....

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I saw a radio collared study of one wolf.
    He travelled from basically the BC/Alberta Border around Banff/Jasper (if I recall right) and ended up around either Kootenay Lake or was it the Arrow Lakes??, but had travelled some 400 kms in a week or so.
    Regardless, the wolves are moving great distances, not just a circular hunting ground over a few watersheds like in the past.
    Don't know if it has much to do with culling in some areas, imo.
    Personally, I think they have just bred so much now that they have to find new territories.
    And are on the move looking for new hunting grounds because of killing off their previous areas.
    Just my opinion.
    Maybe it's a combination of both???
    In the past..like when they didn’t have gps collars and researchers had no clue but took a guess anyway.FFS
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Regardless of what was said, what info was put forth, be it from studies or speculation.
    think "everyone" agrees, wolves are in more areas of BC now, in areas they have either never been before or haven't been
    for many many years.
    Either way, "there back"!, and it has to be dealt with.
    Don't hate them, just don't need that many of them, imo.
    Big Cats too...

Dispel the notion that any of the foundational wolf science is valid. It has its roots in a penned pack in Germany.
    Keep going back to how it was...it has never been “was”when they studied them. They are only now getting a taste of why are ancestors extirpated them...science is supposed to be free of sentiment but just read the article.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Dispel the notion that any of the foundational wolf science is valid. It has its roots in a penned pack in Germany.
    Keep going back to how it was...it has never been “was”when they studied them. They are only now getting a taste of why are ancestors extirpated them...science is supposed to be free of sentiment but just read the article.

Bingo!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Whoa hold on there folks lets not get ahead of ourselves, we won't know what is right until the cut and paste queen and her little side kick pemby tell us how it is
    Bahahah........................................... .....................................I'm waiting also!!

That's why I mentioned the study.
    Just one male wolf leaving the "family pack" to start a new family/pack I suppose elsewhere.
    Never was it mentioned to be an "Alpha".

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    I believe you are very correct on this viewpoint. All at the cost of prey populations plummeting.

There seems to be no end of funding to study wolves and bears for that matter. Collaring, counting turds and tracks, analyzing what the turds were made from, the list goes on and never ends.

The funding seems to dry up when it is time to cull a few.

Most here know my opinion of My Goatguy so I won’t go into that. It is interesting where his name pops up and on what topics he gives support to.
    Just a guy who is passionate about wildlife and hunting in this great province. Has done more for both resident hunters and wildlife than probably 99.9% of folks out there. If we had a thousand GoatGuy's this province would be much better off.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Just a guy who is passionate about wildlife and hunting in this great province. Has done more for both resident hunters and wildlife than probably 99.9% of folks out there. If we had a thousand GoatGuy's this province would be much better off.

Thanks for the giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Not everyone feels the same way but you are welcome to your opinion