Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This should help....

This should help....

the cause for a predator cull....

https://www.summerlandreview.com/new...-the-okanagan/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: This should help....

Is the bio, Adam Ford, saying that because wolves are being culled in different areas of B.C. that is why they are showing up in the Okanagan..? That’s what I got out of it. Or is this just a media spin looking for attention. I was under the impression that Adam Ford was a good bio. Any have any insight to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty76 View Post
    Is the bio, Adam Ford, saying that because wolves are being culled in different areas of B.C. that is why they are showing up in the Okanagan..? That’s what I got out of it. Or is this just a media spin looking for attention. I was under the impression that Adam Ford was a good bio. Any have any insight to this?
    Or maybe the reason there showing up in the Okanagan is because they have clean out all the ungulates in there "traditional " territory and looking for some new customers .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

^^^^this exactly. Have been spreading south in search of food. Predators go where the food is. Not very complicated. All about survival as with ALL wild animals. They don’t waste energy unless necessary. Wolves are not into sight seeing or wine tasting. They go where the food is.

Not sure why “Good Science” can’t be carried out on wolf populations just because they are a polarizing topic. Unless humans on either side won’t let the science be carried out? The data from scientific experiments, set up properly, is also not the problem. The problem occurs when the data is interpreted And then spun to favor their position be it pro or con.

Whoa hold on there folks lets not get ahead of ourselves, we won't know what is right until the cut and paste queen and her little side kick pemby tell us how it is
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Snowwolves is my bet ... heading south for the winter.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If it has tires, tracks, or tits ... sooner or later you are going to have trouble with it.

I saw a radio collared study of one wolf.
    He travelled from basically the BC/Alberta Border around Banff/Jasper (if I recall right) and ended up around either Kootenay Lake or was it the Arrow Lakes??, but had travelled some 400 kms in a week or so.
    Regardless, the wolves are moving great distances, not just a circular hunting ground over a few watersheds like in the past.
    Don't know if it has much to do with culling in some areas, imo.
    Personally, I think they have just bred so much now that they have to find new territories.
    And are on the move looking for new hunting grounds because of killing off their previous areas.
    Just my opinion.
    Maybe it's a combination of both???

Quote Originally Posted by PYGuy View Post
    Not sure why “Good Science” can’t be carried out on wolf populations just because they are a polarizing topic. Unless humans on either side won’t let the science be carried out? The data from scientific experiments, set up properly, is also not the problem. The problem occurs when the data is interpreted And then spun to favor their position be it pro or con.
    Probably has to due with lack of funding/support. Wolves are basically political suicide. Most hunters will discard any science that doesn't support shooting them, most antis will discard any science that supports shooting them. No matter what. You are getting a tsunami of complaints. Most have already chosen which side of the fence they are on... science is irrelevant at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    Probably has to due with lack of funding/support. Wolves are basically political suicide. Most hunters will discard any science that doesn't support shooting them, most antis will discard any science that supports shooting them. No matter what. You are getting a tsunami of complaints. Most have already chosen which side of the fence they are on... science is irrelevant at this point.
    I believe you are very correct on this viewpoint. All at the cost of prey populations plummeting.

There seems to be no end of funding to study wolves and bears for that matter. Collaring, counting turds and tracks, analyzing what the turds were made from, the list goes on and never ends.

The funding seems to dry up when it is time to cull a few.

Most here know my opinion of My Goatguy so I won’t go into that. It is interesting where his name pops up and on what topics he gives support to.
    Last edited by gcreek; 12-29-2018 at 04:32 PM.