Thread: Sage Take down recurve

Sage Take down recurve

Does anyone have any experience with the recurve bow Sage Take Down. I am thinking about getting back into just shooting around for fun and I can get one of these bows new for $99 and though if there not complete crap I might buy one as the price is right. I have looked online and this bow seems to get fairly good reviews but was hoping for some real world feedback.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sage Take down recurve

Don't know about the Sage, but I bought a Martin take-down a couple of years ago for about $100 and though it's not the prettiest (metal riser) it works just fine.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

They should suit your needs very well.
    I have shot a couple and they seem quite smooth drawing and fit well in the hand.
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

The samick sage is a good entry level bow. I shot one for awhile and have a friends that use them.

Good starter/intermediate bow, stacks like a bitch around 28" so not great for longer draws.

Stock string is garbage but with that small upgrade and get it properly set up it will do you well providing you don't have monkey arms.

If you go to a shoot or a club I would almost guarantee you'd see a bunch there you could try, they are that popular, the go to recommendation for starting out for years now. Although I think they are under another brand now.

Fleetwood Edge is the newer version of the Sage. Almost identical design other than limb attachment screws. Edge needs allen wrench, Sage is hand tightened with knob ends. I have the Edge, great value, shoots well. Gifted daughter & son in law with same.