Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting2018 Harvest Survey

Re: Interesting2018 Harvest Survey

I received and returned mine the other day. I was asked about sheep, elk, mule deer and wolf. In the wolf section, I penned in “ You (government) need to start addressing the predator situation before its to late, despite public opinion”.

Wolf is not new to the questionnaire. It's been there for a few years.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    I have no clue why they wouldnt make a harvest report for all species that you hunted in a year. No reason to do a random sampling of 2 species for a guy who has a pocket full of tags. It seems like a lost opportunity personally.....

I'd much rather do the report for everything, it takes an extra 2-3 minutes at most anyways
    I couldn't agree more....I personally report my extra harvest on the paper...

Mine was just for mule deer and I got the letter explaining the "reason for" and the "how to" on the BC Resident credentials expiry date.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

They want to know about wolf because if people are killing lots of wolves it means there’s a surplus of wolves.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I think they want to know about wolves so they can figure out if they should sell tags for them. With any government endeavor its either votes or money, The actual wants or needs of the public is not important.

I got mine for moose elk and black bear

Received mine today, only asking about MD and WT

It's called "statistical math", or "statistics", in college. It was the most counter-intuitive math that I ever had to learn! But, once I did learn it, I understood it, and now I do not question it. I do question how hunters are responding though, especially about the wolf question. I hope you all realize that every day you are out with a rifle and a licence, you are hunting wolf! (I would assume that you would all shoot a wolf if you saw one). And so, that is the statistics that they are looking for!

Ugh... I hate this time of year when they send those out and I have admit to myself (and worse, the government) that I spent 35 days trying to kill a "mule" deer and failed. They'll probably send me back a "Proud Horgan & Justin Trudeau Supporter" bumper sticker in the mail.

Hopefully they just ask me about grouse and bears or the booze is coming out.