Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting2018 Harvest Survey

Interesting2018 Harvest Survey

So, I was mailed the 2018 harvest survey forms to fill out. (which I seem to get every year).
    Usually I am just given the questions on big game for which I purchased tags for.
    (although, they didn't ask me about WT this time??)
    They did ask about "Game Birds" this time.
    But, what was interesting, for the first time I can ever recall, they asked about "hunting wolf".

Thought that was interesting.....hmmmmm

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Interesting2018 Harvest Survey

Ive had the game bird and wolf one before. Ive had more asking about game birds than i have big game.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

I got mine too for MD and Elk....did not hunt anywhere that elk was open but while moose hunting, I would have taken a MD if opportunity had presented itself so I will have to say I hunted them I guess...

Main ones I get are wolf and game birds. I rarely get one for the big game animals I tagged

I have no clue why they wouldnt make a harvest report for all species that you hunted in a year. No reason to do a random sampling of 2 species for a guy who has a pocket full of tags. It seems like a lost opportunity personally.....

I'd much rather do the report for everything, it takes an extra 2-3 minutes at most anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    I have no clue why they wouldnt make a harvest report for all species that you hunted in a year. No reason to do a random sampling of 2 species for a guy who has a pocket full of tags. It seems like a lost opportunity personally.....

I'd much rather do the report for everything, it takes an extra 2-3 minutes at most anyways
    That would just make too much sense and collect way too much information

That is not how things are done here in BC here we to collect minimal data and rely on being able to come up with a number instead

Doesn’t matter....decisions now based on public opinion anyway

Just got mine today. Game birds, wolf and whitetail
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post

Absolutely, they could have sent me questions for many species if they had wanted and I would have taken the time.
    At least for the tags I purchased and for species where tags aren't required.

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Doesn’t matter....decisions now based on public opinion anyway
    True!.....
    But I wonder "why" they are asking about wolf?
    Is it that they are coming to a realization that some form of Pred control might be necessary thru the ministry rather
    than thinking hunters can do it on their own???
    Or is that just wishful thinking??