Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Interesting2018 Harvest Survey

Re: Interesting2018 Harvest Survey

Every hunter in the province (including First Nations of course) should receive this survey in the mail - should be blanket for all - what did you hunt for, how many days for each, and what did you kill - then they would have accurate harvest and success rate numbers...though we have to remember folks: they only have so much manpower and resources, until all hunting revenue is put back into wildlife - let's hope when the BC Liberals get in next election this will happen..

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I think most people would, but I doubt many "go looking for wolf".
    Did I hunt wolf, nope.
    Had I seen one or more, yup, bullets flying.
    So how does one really answer that survey question??
    I said "no" (N/A).
    it said right on the wolf questionnaire that if you intend to shoot a wolf if you see one while hunting other species to include those days

Quote Originally Posted by barry1974w View Post
    it said right on the wolf questionnaire that if you intend to shoot a wolf if you see one while hunting other species to include those days
    Well, there you go, my bad.
    Still a big difference between hunting them, and just being lucky.

A few years back, was out hunting for MD.
    Heard the howling 15 minutes before leaving camp in the dark.
    Knew where to go if I wanted, but didn't, because I wanted to make my way up to where I hunt deer.
    Couple of hours later, howling was still going on, plus had cut tracks several times of another wolf on patrol.
    Finally decided that when I get up to the top of the ridgeline, about a 1/2 hr from that point, that if the howling continued,
    I would switch gears to wolf.
    15 minutes later, the howling stopped after 4 hours of it.
    Would have taken me 30 minutes that morning to go there, to hunt them.

Doesn't make much sense to ask about wolf if I dint target it, at least not, "how many days" did you hunt them.
    Just ask me "did you shoot any, and if so, where" ...period!

Fair enough. I’ll take a crack at any that give me the opportunity, but I don’t generally go wolf hunting during big game seasons

Filled out my survey online, bunch of mindless drop downs, and no place to add a comment or suggestion, or even a link to a proper venue to do so. Rarely make such a strong statement in a forum, but what a complete waste of time and tax dollars for both the government and myself.

Seems neither of us got surveys this year unless they are still in the mail. Government just assumes we didn't shoot a deer now