Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2 Person, 4 Season Tents

Re: 2 Person, 4 Season Tents

My tent failed in mid August this year. I’m buying a hillieberg for next season forsure!!

I see this thread is back up. I ended up going with the MEC TGV2 4 season tent and it worked great for me this season. Went on a few early season hunts and didn't find it to be too warm. Also ran it pretty hard on a few later season hunts including one that we ended up getting stuck in a big snow storm and it performed great. The only downfall is that it only has 1 vestibule so ideally you would run this as a one man tent if you want to keep everything inside at night. I don't have much else to compare it to but that was my experience. Would definitely recommend this to others.

Quote Originally Posted by btr View Post
    Hilleberg!!!!!
    Lol!
    Too heavy, too much, too nice!! Takes all of the adventure out of the backcountry!!
    Blacktailaholic

Quote Originally Posted by shleebs View Post
    Would definitely recommend this to others.
    It would help if your recommendation came with the intended use. What were you doing when stuck in a big snow storm that the tent performed great?
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    It would help if your recommendation came with the intended use. What were you doing when stuck in a big snow storm that the tent performed great?
    Not sure if I understand what you're trying to ask here... I was on a hunting trip, half way through my hike up a mountain in about a foot of snow when we set up camp and stayed in the tent overnight. I thought my comment was fairly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by shleebs View Post
    Not sure if I understand what you're trying to ask here... I was on a hunting trip, half way through my hike up a mountain in about a foot of snow when we set up camp and stayed in the tent overnight. I thought my comment was fairly clear.
    Did the frame hold up under the weight of the snow for example? Was it easy to set up in a snow storm? Did the ground sheet keep your bedding dry? How much does it weigh?
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Did the frame hold up under the weight of the snow for example? Was it easy to set up in a snow storm? Did the ground sheet keep your bedding dry? How much does it weigh?
    I wouldn't have said I recommend it and that it performed great if any of these things you've mentioned were an issue. Here is the link if you'd like to check the spec: https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5047-5...-4-Season-Tent

Why would any hunter buy anything from MEC or any other company that supports anti hunting Initiatives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anti hunting initiatives can be found in many areas of retail commerce. For that matter lack of support for hunting abounds in areas such as tourism,and travel amongst others. My point is that buying openly from suppliers like Mec could in fact be more beneficial to our movement than you might think. We need relationships with those that oppose as it creates opportunity to tell our story.

I like some of Mecs gear but not some of their principles regarding hunting for instance. Some of their ideas regarding environmental protection in general are acceptable to me, but not all of them.

Our movement could be stronger if there was some back and forth communication with some of these groups, such as Mec.

They might be interested and shocked by the amount of gear hunters ring up in their stores.
    Blacktailaholic

Several years ago I was in a MEC store & they were trying to secure donations to purchase land for everybody to use, when I asked about hunting they were shocked but proudly told me that a % of sales went to this project, I stopped buying from them.

When they stopped selling Camelback products I found everything that I had ever purchased and took it back to them and got a full refund on everything including membership.

If all hunters did this then they would get the message but instead some would rather save a few pennies even if a % goes against their beliefs.

As regards other companies myself and my family now do not buy from any organisation that supports/donates or has any connection with anti hunting, fishing or firearms.

To each his own but I personally refuse to give my business to companies that support beliefs that go against mine.