Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2 Person, 4 Season Tents

Re: 2 Person, 4 Season Tents

Quote Originally Posted by Laurp99 View Post
    This is my Bivy set up below, it's an Outdoor Research Bivy Shelter which comes with a small pole which creates an arc over your head, there's also enough room inside for some storage as well, most of the condensation will be over your head on the mesh. I've Winter camped with this and my Siltarp set up for years. I have 2 sleeping bags, a Western Mountaineering Ultra light -7c and a bomb proof Taiga Gortex barrel bag -28c for extremes. Other than building a snow cave it's one of my favorite set ups. If I was 20 years younger I'd buy a Hilleberg tent.

What do you use for a sleeping pad?
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by BriarPatch View Post
    Just my opinion and not trying to have a go at anybody, but why would any hunter or fisherman consider buying any product from MEC or any other company that is so anti Hunting and supports anti hunting/fishing organisations.

After their last decision to stop selling any Vista products I took everything we had ever purchased back & got a full refund including membership and told them exactly why
    had my Tarn two for 12 years. they wernt so bad back then.
    I hear you though. I dont shop there anymore either.

The bivy in the photo above is an Integral Designs Unishelter, my spare is this model and my backpacking bivies are two original ID event models, Calgary-made, not the Chinese crap sold under that storied name now.

I have owned and used a lot of mountain tents, but, now buy Hilles as they are the best I have used and are actually worth the high cost.

For a 2 man, I would get the two door models and mine are a 2009 Saivo and a 2017 Niak. I had two Soulos, but, sold them and these two I have will do me for all the bushtime I have left.

MSR and Mountain Hardware make good tents and cost far less.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    The bivy in the photo above is an Integral Designs Unishelter, my spare is this model and my backpacking bivies are two original ID event models, Calgary-made, not the Chinese crap sold under that storied name now.
    Thx for the correction, I do have gear made by OR but certainly not the bivy, not sure where I got that from.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    What do you use for a sleeping pad?
    I have a Therma-rest Prolite self inflating pad, I've never been cold sleeping on it! There are many newer, warmer rated mattresses and pads but this works for me.

check out stone glacier. for about 1100$ you can get a 4 season tent around 4.5 lbs, and also a tubbed footprint and mesh insert. so mesh insert with fly for early season hunts and then convert back it back to the 4 season material for later season hunts. or hillenburg

I've have used a four season MEC tent for a number of years and it has preformed GREAT, through snow storms to heavy rain and wind. Read the reviews, I don't think you will be disappointed. I personally like, and use a down sleeping bag. Western Mountaineering are top shelf.

Has anyone tried one of the cuben fiber, or dyneema fabric tents? Claims of 100% waterproof, tough as nails, and some of them getting under 2 lbs....pricey though. Too good to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by kootenaycarver View Post
    I've have used a four season MEC tent for a number of years and it has preformed GREAT, through snow storms to heavy rain and wind. Read the reviews, I don't think you will be disappointed. I personally like, and use a down sleeping bag. Western Mountaineering are top shelf.
    Firing this up again.... we ran hubba hubba up north in September and they failed in a severe wind,hail, snow,and rain event. I’m looking at the tgv 2 man 4 season. Any feedback on this model? Thanks.
    Blacktailaholic

Hilleberg!!!!!

Hmmmm on my recomendation one of our members bought a Mountain hardware tent..not sure the model.
    it failed.not my expectation at all..and certainly jo my experience .the individual was treated very fsirly by mountain hardware..HOWEVER this was once they were home from their trip..can not remember what failed. .pole.seemsealing..?
    But thought I would add this unfortunate real life update.
    My back yard is about 4 inches of snow and - 13 celsius overnight..would not hesitate to use my winter 4 season Mountainharware in these conditions..hmmmm now to see if Susan will bring coffee out ?..lol
    Srupp