Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Person, 4 Season Tents

Re: 2 Person, 4 Season Tents

My bivy is gortex made by tiaga. Nothing but a wet bag by morning. Not worth the money. Thats just my experience.
    I have used a tarp for years. Way more comfortable than a bivy. Remember the weather can change in an instant in the mountains. Snow or rain and a bivy will = you going home early.

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    My bivy is gortex made by tiaga. Nothing but a wet bag by morning. Not worth the money. Thats just my experience.
    I have used a tarp for years. Way more comfortable than a bivy. Remember the weather can change in an instant in the mountains. Snow or rain and a bivy will = you going home early.
    Appreciate the real world experience.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-r View Post
    Appreciate the real world experience.
    and more on the topic i have recently moved away from sleeping under a tarp aswell and now have a ultralight teepee. I think it will give me a little more versatility above the tree line and in bad weather. The option of adding a wood burning stove is also a bonus.

Hmmm disagree..lol..most important is reliable tent..wont leak...or rip...flying in for sheep..getting wet is a disaster, and you can count on wind.if your tent leaks..which sleeping bag becomes more a moot point ?
    I have a 2 person mountain hardware tent..approx 2 pounds..not going to do much better than that I expect.
    The 2 person is not sized for 2 folks my size.lbut is for 2 average sized guys..or better yet guy and gal.
    The materials have changed 10d..20 d..no experience with this material..
    In 15 years using 2 different tents by mountain hardware..not 1 drop of water..and using a Hillenberg..which developed condensation issues. .my fault? Or tent..
    My 4 season tent had 1 foot of snow on top. .no issues..
    I usually sleep warmer..built in insulation..R..20...have 4 different sleeping bags?.3 which are light weight sheep camp tents..I believe my go to sleeping bag is also a mountsin hardware
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    I just went through all the confusion of buying a new tent. I ended up with a teepee style so i could add a stove jack and stove. I have only used it once but it was in the snow and i am more than happy with my choice. Its made over seas and cost about 1/4 the price of the exact tent with a name brand on the label.
    So where do we find this tent?

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    I will as always agree with Dewey.period.however his pockets are far deeper than mine..lol with that comes incredible knowledge.
    Cheers
    Steven
    Steven you got to QUIT SHARING a tent with Dewey ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    So where do we find this tent?
    Its called a flames creed. You can get them from ali express. I also got a small one man tent at the same time. Do a Google search and you will find some pictures and some stellar reviews by the hiking community.

Cool thanks!

Exped Venus II good tent plenty of room for two exoskeleton style so can be set up so inside stays dry.Can be found on sale often.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

This site sells that flames creed also sell the nature hike which I have used myself but I’m thinking of buying this year. I have not used this site before just found it this morning

https://www.ulsierra.com/product-category/tents/