Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 26 nosler

Re: 26 nosler

I didnt expect the recoil to be as heavy as it is. Definately not unmanageble. Not like say a heavy magnum but equal to say a 300wm

Huh really thanks for tips guys

First i have heard of accuracy problems ..... so if you have to slow it down to be accurate why bother , i have a creedmoor that speed already and its very accurate ..

Quote Originally Posted by 308 win View Post
    First i have heard of accuracy problems ..... so if you have to slow it down to be accurate why bother , i have a creedmoor that speed already and its very accurate ..
    I've got a 26 nos in a hells canyon speed. I am very impressed with the out of the box accuracy. I haven't started reloading for it but I figure if I'll try to duplicate factory nosler 142 lrab. I didn't find recoil that bad but you do have to hang on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    The limited experience Ive had with the 26 hasn't been a good one, finicky to for, expensive compnents, shitty accuracy and hard to achieve velocity that would make it any better than a PRC. If it were me Id buy a 6.5 PRC, the Nosler is way too overbore for that little bullet.
    Maybe your Experience but NOT the Cartridge's FAULT ! Lots of them out there Shoot Very Well just like any other cartridge ! Go to Long Range Hunting - just sayin ! BUT i do agree it is VERY Overbore ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Maybe your Experience but NOT the Cartridge's FAULT ! Lots of them out there Shoot Very Well just like any other cartridge ! Go to Long Range Hunting - just sayin ! BUT i do agree it is VERY Overbore ! RJ

Having only a few powders available to reloaders that even come close to factory advertised velocity is 100% design fault. Not saying I couldn't make it work but any accuracy would have been at 6.5 PRC speed or way over pressure, so what's the point?

Sounds like 100% advertising fault.

I've played around with a Fierce Edge in 26 Nosler, accuracy was fantastic with factory 140gr AB & 142gr ABLR. The only handload recipe tried was 140gr AB over RL33, which did 3325 fps from the 26" barrel, I recall one 3 shot group being 2" @ 400 yards. Recoil is plenty, 65% more than my PRC which weighs the same (PRC is 140gr @ 3050)
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Sounds like 100% advertising fault.
    No ! A 6.5 Nosler will easy do 200 fps more the a 6.5 PRC ! Whether its WORTH it or not is up to the shooter- Burns a LOT more Powder - more Noise - Long action etc RJ
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 12-27-2018 at 05:24 PM.

You guys make great points , i hand load my self so i do want the velocities as advertised without using some real hard to get powders . Being left handed i dont get the options in guns . There is 26 in left hand for sure i no that was thinking a break would be great on this cal i dont mind the noise . My creedmoor has a break and its a beauty so shoot . Gona do a little more reading about this cal and others in its class before a purchase but i do appreciate all the info ....