My suggestion is to get the record book of BC ...In your management hunting area see the locations in the record book of the species you"re after and it should give you some locations ...In your MU walk the areas and look for rubs...This is where the deer are during Nov and Dec ...They might migrate after heavy snow to a different area to winter...They winter in Mature Douglas fir and pine stands ...Old log blocks next to mature forests is a good starting point..My area is near the hwy about a mile to 3 away..These areas tend to be protected from logging because they are mule deer winter range...Also a trip to the Forestry dept in your town closest to your area should let you know of deer winter areas..Areas that have sheds can be good hunting and also can be poor hunting ..Its all weather dependent ...In my area I dont find many sheds ...The odd one but.....there are some big deer there ..The numbers of deer now in some traditional areas has really thinned ..Why because of all the logging of beetle kill ...What was mature barren forest now is sucession feed areas ...They used to migrate from there to further away ...Now they have logged regen blocks and mature timber to winter so they stay more resident.....One thing I have noticed is that now the big bucks tend to be daytime shy more and move more in timber and late in the day or very early..Good luck hope I've helped ...Dennis