Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossbow Reccomendations

Re: Crossbow Reccomendations

Thanks for all the help so far. Currently debating between the bulldog 400 and micro 355. Tough to decide between the speed vs size tradeoffs.

I should add, I looked around but couldn't find the matrix 380 in any of my local stores or was going to go with that model per the recommendations.

Arrow Re: Crossbow Reccomendations

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger.270 View Post
    I should add, I looked around but couldn't find the matrix 380 in any of my local stores or was going to go with that model per the recommendations.
    As was previously noted, the Matrix 380 has been discontinued (this year) so will be a rare find in any store.
    They do appear in the buy & sell sections of several forums from time to time.

That said, you will like either of the two options you noted methinks...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Check Amazon.ca!!

Ended up going with the Micro 355 as the size factor weighed heavily in favor of that model given that most of my hunting with be from smaller pop up blinds where space is a major factor.

What I almost could not believe was the unbelievable repeatable accuracy of the thing!

Now time to get practicing at longer distances and dialing in a few shots with broadheads on.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Thumbs up Re: Crossbow Reccomendations

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger.270 View Post
    Ended up going with the Micro 355 as the size factor weighed heavily in favor of that model given that most of my hunting with be from smaller pop up blinds where space is a major factor.

What I almost could not believe was the unbelievable repeatable accuracy of the thing!
    Nice bow!
    I am certain it will be everything you are looking for.
    Accuracy is one of the things these bows REALLY Shine at!
    Don't shoot at the same spot twice!

Welcome to your new Addiction!

Cheers,
    Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Matrix 380 would be my recomondation!! Shot a few excaliburs and I like the 380 the most!
    moose meat mindset

There's a 380 for sale in the buy/sell section from member xtrail you might want to look at......... posted yesterday.

i bought one of the last Matrix 380's from Cabelas last year and it was $1200 by the time i left the store

Thumbs up Re: Crossbow Reccomendations

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    There's a 380 for sale in the buy/sell section from member xtrail you might want to look at......... posted yesterday.

i bought one of the last Matrix 380's from Cabelas last year and it was $1200 by the time i left the store
    The deal listed by xtrail is a very good one.
    I would snap it up if I was looking alright.
    It won't last long at that price point.
    And they simply are not making any more...

You can do a LOT in terms of customizing these bows. The initial price has always been around that $1200.00 mark, but it can go well up from there if you're the perfection kind of guy. I wanted mine to shoot 3" or less groups at 100 yards every single time. It does. But I have over $2K invested in it, accessories & arrows at this point. For me, well worth it. For most others, that $ 800.00 xtrail is offering will be all you need to run what I consider Excalibur's Very Best Bow.

Cheers,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Yup, haven't even shot mine yet just tweeking it waiting for my Boo string before i go to town with a Crossfield scope. I bought it last year because they stopped making the 380 and i wanted one.
    If i was looking - i'd be all over this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    The deal listed by xtrail is a very good one.
    I would snap it up if I was looking alright.
    It won't last long at that price point.
    And they simply are not making any more...

You can do a LOT in terms of customizing these bows. The initial price has always been around that $1200.00 mark, but it can go well up from there if you're the perfection kind of guy. I wanted mine to shoot 3" or less groups at 100 yards every single time. It does. But I have over $2K invested in it, accessories & arrows at this point. For me, well worth it. For most others, that $ 800.00 xtrail is offering will be all you need to run what I consider Excalibur's Very Best Bow.

Cheers,
    Nog