Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Crossbow Reccomendations

Re: Crossbow Reccomendations

Most new bows cant accommodate open sights .
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    Most new bows cant accommodate open sights .
    That and what would they like us to do with our scopes ! Throw them Away ! The entire crossbow sport would be stamped out .
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Do they think that having a scope is huge and unfair advantage ? its not easy . A crossbow is not a Rifle . from my recent experience , the compound bow has the advantage !
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Especially if you add one of these

"BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Especially if you add one of these

I looked at those today ! Pretty cool and hi tech.... needs to be banned...lol.
    Last edited by limit time; 12-14-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

I think it’s a stupid proposal and would not support it.

But you guys saying it is the end to crossbows are funny as hell. I did hunt with a crossbow with pin sights for a few years it’s not that hard. I was accurate to 50yards 3inch groups no problem. This was with an old tenpoint so not near as advanced as the new ones

As for not being able to mount pin sights on the new crossbows is this true or have you not looked? Honest question because it’s been years since I owned a crossbow and my friends that use them have scopes

Thumbs down Re: Crossbow Reccomendations

Quote Originally Posted by huntinnewbie View Post
    "A sub-committee of the Provincial Hunting and Trapping Advisory Team (PHTAT) with representatives from the B.C. Wildlife Federation, Guide Outfitters Association of B.C., B.C. Trappers Association, Wild Sheep Society, Wildlife Stewardship Council, and United Bowhunters of B.C., conducted a review of various hunting practices (methods, tools, and tactics), evaluated those practices against a set of criteria that reflect the principles of fair chase, and recommended management actions for specific hunting practices. These recommendations were accepted by PHTAT and were forwarded to the Province for consideration."

Lines are being drawn here, and it is becoming more than apparent who our elitist enemies are.

I will indeed be writing a few letters asap.

Pissed!
    Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 12-19-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger.270 View Post
    Ended up going with the Micro 355 as the size factor weighed heavily in favor of that model given that most of my hunting with be from smaller pop up blinds where space is a major factor.

What I almost could not believe was the unbelievable repeatable accuracy of the thing!

Now time to get practicing at longer distances and dialing in a few shots with broadheads on.

Thanks to everyone for their help!
    I'll be getting one or similar as soon as budget allows.

My Barnet Recruit is great for what it is, and I hope to train my daughter on it, but it really lacks the speed for long shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

I ended up being very happy with the 355 but hunting from inside a pop up ground blind in the evening I find the scope it comes with isn’t the best for light gathering. In the last minutes of legal light it Cost me a buck I could see with my bare eyes but not well enough thru the scope to take an ethical shot last year. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a scope upgrade?

Question Re: Crossbow Reccomendations

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger.270 View Post
    ... Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a scope upgrade?
    There are many aftermarket scopes for these bows.
    How far are you seeking to shoot? Some only have reticles to 60 yards, some a 100.
    How much coin are you willing to drop? There is a wide range...

Wondering...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me