Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Folding Saw Reccomendations

Re: Folding Saw Reccomendations

Corona saw ... about $30 on Amazon and very good saw for clearing a shooting lane or a trail. Used it on our bushwack up into the alpine and it worked excellent

Wyoming Saw. Had mine for many years. Ordered new bone and wood blades last year directly from the Wyoming website and couldnt believe how inexpensive they were, even ordered new blades for the Wyoming knife too. The storage pouch also has a belt to go around your waist so with the knife attached it is all you need.

Coghlan's Sierra Saw is the only one for me. 7" super sharp blade. Cheap ($11 - $15) with replacement blades available under $8. Small and light and tough. I got rid of all of my other ones years ago, including Wyoming saws. I have cut down 12" frozen poplars with this puppy. The 9 tpi work pretty well on any bone. Easy to tape to a pole to trim hard-to-reach branches to clear shooting lanes.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

I've used a Hunters Specialties saw that was super cheap on Amazon a few times on deer and it worked quite well. Better than the actual bone saw that I bought, actually.

I also have some of these that I keep in emergency bags/the car...just in case. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not fancy or big but helpful if needed. I'm going to carry that instead of the Hunters Specialties, too.

Thanks for all the feedback! Will definitely look into all the mentioned options. Helps knowing which ones to look at

A silky big boy and a fiskars brush axe and you're good for most trail work and together weigh very little.
    I'm going to the dogs.
    Airy Mtn. Airedales

Wyoming Tools 22 Saw-1 with Die-case Aluminum Handles and Camo Sheath and a Fiskars 10 " RJ

Corona razor tooth 7" saw in my pack in my overnight kit. Professional pruning saw but great bang for the buck. Silky makes better saws but double the price and not necessary for infrequent use

I have a bow saw and a small hatchet. Sometimes the saw comes with me and sometimes it doesn’t. My hatchet is in my pack if I’m leaving for an hour or five days. I find the hatchet is far more useful than a saw for doing stuff around camp and building fires. The saw and hatchet together is a good combo though.

This is year I was thinking of cutting a plastic wedge lengthways for splitting longer pieces of firewood.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Silky's are the best. I have bought them in tool stores like kms tools. For enetertainment, check out the katanaboy 1000 on youtube. Only $1000...
    Proud member of the fringe minority!