Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Folding Saw Reccomendations

Re: Folding Saw Reccomendations

Check out, Agawa Canyon Boreal 21 Saw at MEC , I am getting one too
    Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!

Coghlan's 21 inch Folding saw available from Amazon.ca is identical to the What-a-Saw that I bought 40 years ago in the Balfour Superette.

I have both the wyoming and a silky saw, I prefer the silky. its light weight and cuts great, but having a bone saw blade in the same pouch does make they Wyoming have its place. you can order them both from bushcraft Canada. they are even local in B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
    A lot depends on how you plan to use the saw.

I bought a folding "What-a-Saw" about 40 years ago. It has a wood blade and a bone saw blade. I still like it.

This is not a saw for a big tree across the road situation, but for trees and limbs up to 6 or 7 inches it does the trick. Works excellently for splitting the rib cage and pelvis on a deer.
    I have the same saw, still packing it in the backcountry

Quote Originally Posted by islandhunter View Post
    Silky's are the best. I have bought them in tool stores like kms tools. For enetertainment, check out the katanaboy 1000 on youtube. Only $1000...
    i see them on kms online store. Will check them out in person.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSix View Post
    I have both the wyoming and a silky saw, I prefer the silky. its light weight and cuts great, but having a bone saw blade in the same pouch does make they Wyoming have its place. you can order them both from bushcraft Canada. they are even local in B.C.
    ive seen that site before, never had experience with them - anyone ever ordered stuff through this site? Experience?

I’ve had a what-a-saw since I was a teenager. Good unit, but not the best for big wood. But for campfire size stuff and building shelters they’re great. Mine came with three blades in it (wood,bone,and metal), but after a while I turffed the bone and metal blades. The wood blade cuts bones just fine for field dressing applications. When I finally broke the wood blade I couldn’t readily find a replacement (although I’ve seen them since), so I just cut a regular bow saw blade with aviation snips and drilled a hole where I needed it.

Ha Dollar store red handle saw in a cover. $3. Buy three and put then in all your vehicles. I think I now have 6 of them. Sharp and cuts like a dam. If it rusts or dulls buy a new one. Next it also doubles as a saw for splitting deer and moose. That's why I have 6. Split 2 moose with them, taking turns. I'll post a pic tomorrow.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

This is my choice.

The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Silky saw. The fiskars brush axes are a good concept, but the slippery plastic handle sucks. Gerber makes a fool with the same shaped blade, but a rubber handle, and a zippered sheath. Better use of $$ in my opinion.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.