Thread: Poacher rehabilitation?

Poacher rehabilitation?

Not sure if this judge has a slightly warped sense of humor or actually believes this condition of incarceration will make this poacher a changed man.

Deer poacher ordered to watch Bambi once a month in jail | US news ...
    https://www.theguardian.com/.../deer...nce-a-month-in...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Poacher rehabilitation?

Is that some kind of "new wave pulling the pud material"????

at first I thought this must be a twisted psychological punishment, maybe the guy said he hated bambi or something, apparently not...it's full of life lessons

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/u...-sentence.html

When Mr. Berry showed up in December for a hearing into a violation of his probation for hunting, Judge George reinstated the one-year sentence and then mentioned “Bambi,” Ms. Bilyeu said. The judge ordered the sheriff to first screen the movie for Mr. Berry on or before Dec. 23, a date that Ms. Bilyeu said was chosen by the judge because he wanted it to take place before Christmas.

“He said, ‘I hope when you get to the part where Bambi’s mother dies, it makes you think,’” Ms. Bilyeu said.

Judge George said in an email on Tuesday that he was not permitted to discuss Mr. Berry’s case. But he noted in emails that he had watched “Bambi” with his grandson about six years ago, and that he planned to watch it with his 7-year-old granddaughter over the Christmas holidays.

“I have always enjoyed re-watching the movies I grew up with,” the judge said in the email. “We have a collection of Disney movies, to watch with our grandchildren and our children. I find the movies always placed the viewer in a unique opportunity to learn life lessons about relationships with others and the effects of decisions.”
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

I think the judge has no sense of reality. Watching Bambi's mother die in a Disney movie is going to make this SOB become remorseful for poaching all those animals?
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Reason why doesn't bother me. That he has to watch it while he's in jail for a year is the best part.

I thought no the judge was just having a bit of fun. Every time the poacher hears the word Bambi for the rest of his life, he is going to flash back to the movie and his time in jail for poaching.

hell watching bambi in prison has got to have reprucussions...lol awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    I thought no the judge was just having a bit of fun. Every time the poacher hears the word Bambi for the rest of his life, he is going to flash back to the movie and his time in jail for poaching.
    Hmmmm…
    I hear "Bambi", and I think of the fun with a stripper back in the day from the No.5 and Orange

If he's killed hundreds of deer for no good reason without "feeling" anything, I don't think watching Bambi is going to fix anything...