Thread: Hunting Dog Training

Hunting Dog Training

The person who is training my Airedale for obedience also offers scent dog training in late March and early April. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for my schedule so I'm thinking of booking private training specifically geared to hunting and shed hunting. Anyone interested in doing the same with me to get their dog up an running? Costs would be lower than private, one on one training sessions. Training will entail indicating for game birds and retrieval of same, indicating for big game while on leash, scent work and tracking, shed hunting and ensuring the dog comes back when called. This isn't competition training, its practical hunting/tracking skills. I just want my dog to be my hunting partner and not scare off game by barking, or take off after a deer/bear and never to be seen again. Late April to June works for me. Anyone interested? In Lumby and Vernon area. About 30 plus hours of course work.

PM me if you want to chat.
    aka...THE MOOSE WHISPERER

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Dog Training

whos offering the training?

asking for a a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Re: Hunting Dog Training

Valley Canine Training https://www.valleycanine.net/dog-tra...-work-courses/ The instructor and her boyfriend are very into hunting (bow and rifle). The owner/instructor is excited about adding hunting/retrieving to my tracking/scent work program. Very happy with the basic obedience and off leash recall training with my puppy so have no doubt this will work out well. Trainer's name is Victoria Regan.
    Last edited by bc sportsman; 01-17-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    aka...THE MOOSE WHISPERER