Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Knife setup

Re: Knife setup

Crkt Mossback and an Outdoor Edge Razor Pro. I never go hunting without either of those knives, and both have proved their value time and time again. I've dressed, skinned and butchered multiple animals with just those two.

My 2 cents for what it's worth . Some of those custom made knives are awesome and big dollars , lay one of those down and can't find it OOOoooooh would not like that feeling .! I like Mora knives, easy to sharpen too ! Victorinox butcher knives, good steel and not expensive but you will need to make a sheath . Buck Folder with orange plastic handle ,easy to sharpen and visible if you lay it down. If you want a bush knife that you can baton for making kindling, BK9 the knife is killer !
    Arctic Lake

Benchmade Steep Country Hunter (no gut hook, blaze orange).

Havalon

And a cheap folder left at camp for random stuff

I only carry one knife on backcountry hunts. spyderco endura 4. also there is a blade on my leatherman if i absolutely needed it.

I have a cheapy gun show folder in my pocket ALWAYS. Clipped inside my waistband at the gym or swimming. It's a "BEE" with a cr13mov blade. If I am wearing pajamas is the only time I don't carry it.
    In the pack is a havalon, which I'm not sold on yet, only done one black bear so far with it. I also carry an old schrade 4" blade fixed blade, and a Stanley multitool. The schrade is the biggest knife I've ever needed, the multitool has been useful a few times, and I just don't like not having my EDC knife.

Probably excessive, but I also have half a dozen lighters scattered around.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.