Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knife setup

Re: Knife setup

Leatherman on the hip
    5” fixed blade in the pack
    havelon in the kill kit

Custom knives sound appealing though..

Fixed blade drop point knife in 4” seems to work good .... but one can never have too many knives ... : )

4.5" fixed blade drop point - general purpose, and utility knife but also for any heavier field dressing needs.

Havalon - for all the delicate work

I dont carry a pocket knife anymore on the hike-in trips because I find the type of cutting I do I can just do with my 4.5".

The leatherman is way too heavy and I have honestly never had something break that the leatherman could have fixed anyways. Had screws come lose on the tripod but those were hex head and nothing on the leatherman would have fixed it anyways.

Hmmm have a Bogdog with d2 steel/ resperine handle..think truck tire material..its a batoning wood splitting survival knife.
    My go to hunting knifes are 3 Marty Beets custom knifes..2 are crucible steel, take a wicked edge and hold it.
    One of the knives was my retirement gift from my fellow Paramedic friends .
    Great knife maker, very wonderful guy to know and chat with, helpful...guard these knives at all costs. .Blessed to know Mr. MARTY BEETS.
    Have one more knife..from Alberta knife maker. ..that will be my last knife..saving up pennies per month for next years knife.
    Steven

This is my go to hunting knife. Its on my belt everytime im in the bush.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by r106; 12-17-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Also have benchmade griptilian folding knife for every day
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

It seems like you're either a multi - tool guy, or you aren't. I've never liked using them but I do like the utility of them. I wish leatherman would let you build a custom one, if I could get a bone saw and scissors in one tool that is a lightweight and slim tool I'd probably have one. But I can't get on board with using worse or harder to use tools simply because they're all attached to each other.

That being said I do have a Gerber Dime in my hip pouch or "possibles pouch". Pliers, scissors, tweezers all super handy and it weighs nothing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dime_fulljpg.jpg  

^ looks like a leatherman squirt .... I have one attached to my fishing waders. Good quality pliers, sharp spring loaded scissors and a decent enough file for hook touchups. Very handy and surprisingly corrosion resistant. Very happy with it.

I always keep a sharp fixed blade Gerber on my hip, in case some dumb cat ever decides to jump me. A Havalon, and an Outdoor Edge Razor Lite in my pouch....and a nice folder in my pocket all the time for cleaning toe nails or other utility uses. I have several others, but those ones are pretty much always along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by g2mike View Post
    It seems like you're either a multi - tool guy, or you aren't. I've never liked using them but I do like the utility of them. I wish leatherman would let you build a custom one, if I could get a bone saw and scissors in one tool that is a lightweight and slim tool I'd probably have one. But I can't get on board with using worse or harder to use tools simply because they're all attached to each other.

That being said I do have a Gerber Dime in my hip pouch or "possibles pouch". Pliers, scissors, tweezers all super handy and it weighs nothing.

I carry one on my everyday keychain...forgot about that. I use this thing ALL of the time (the box cutter tool is amazing for opening those f'ing clamshell packages).