Thread: Universal digiscoping adapter?

Universal digiscoping adapter?

Have no experience with this. But think I’m gonna make my glassing setup a mix of my 8x30 binos and then my Kowa TSN 553 and thought the phone would be a great way to make seeing through the scope easier when scanning with binos.

Do the $15-$20 ones on Amazon work just as well or is there something better about the $150 ones?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Universal digiscoping adapter?

Every one I've tried has not worked that well. Too hard to get proper alignment and they don't stay secure.

I have the s4 universal, it’s really hard to get lined up on my swaro spotter, and it won’t work without taking my iPhone out of its life proof case. For $25 it’s ok. It takes 3-4 min to set it up every time. And if it’s wet out I don’t want to take my I phone out if it’s case.

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    Every one I've tried has not worked that well. Too hard to get proper alignment and they don't stay secure.
    This was my experience with the Amazon universal doer.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

i have done it , taken some good shots with a 20 by 60 HD have the adatper the DCB. i bought it like 12 years ago . i use a canon sure shot . its a learning proccess to say the least . there is a good site called Bird forum or i think there is digascoping forum too i havent looked for it in a while . lots of info out there . i have a old iphone too i was thinking about useing it . i tryed to build something for it off my DCB. but its a too shaby..
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Good info, thanks all.