Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
What is a "wolf locator" call? Would like to get one...
The title is on the hand held unit I have, just describes the calls I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
I like to start low volume with a prey distress sound (rabbit or fawn), for 30 seconds or so then mute it for a few minutes. You could then increase the volume and stick to the distress or throw in some wolf or coyote vocalizations. Using coyote sounds will trigger both the territorial/competition of the wolf, and also represent another prey species. Using wolf locator would be best when driving around, calling from the truck to try and locate some wolves to hunt.
Thanks for the tips, be interesting to see how it goes, I used it last night in my neighborhood and got the coyotes going!!

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
Watch and practice alpha male calling. You will need open space to be successful. I prefer frozen lakes. What area are you heading too?
Wolves don't like other wolves in their area. Practice the long single howl. Wait 10 minutes and try again. If they hear you they will answer back. No answer back move 2 kms and try again.

Perfect thanks! I'm heading off to Loon Lake area, well more towards Boneparte as they are thick in there!