Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cougars On Cam

Re: Cougars On Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I will dig up the original
    Any luck on that yet, #1 looks young # 2 guessing the female, she leaves her mark, #3/4 both sniff/rub the tree not sure if its a deer rub or if you have put something
    on it would be nice to see more of # 3,4 and 5
    Would have been nice to see there tracks as well, all in all pretty cool to see.
    Last edited by LBM; 12-18-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Oh Ya for real.
    You consider a one time pass-through over 5+ years as increasing predation? Al, you are looking really desperate and pathetic with your attempts to cut down Ourea and others on this site. I get that you're frustrated because some hunters have been killing decent bucks by a method you don't agree with while you struggle to adapt. If you don't like it, move on or start your own thread. You're not helping gain support for your side.

I have had a group of 6 cats frequent a camera in one of my mulie areas way more consistently than Ourea has at this particular whitetail spot. This is just on a well used game trail so your theory is out the window.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Any luck on that yet, #1 looks young # 2 guessing the female, she leaves her mark, #3/4 both sniff/rub the tree not sure if its a deer rub or if you have put something
    on it would be nice to see more of # 3,4 and 5
    Would have been nice to see there tracks as well, all in all pretty cool to see.
    Here is the first original video at 5:02 pm

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

And the second at 5:03...

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

First off cool clip thanks for posting it

Secondly WTF did this thread ever go sideways. This anti baiting crap is getting annoying and straight up foolish. I am just seeing some here targeting others grabbing at straws trying to pick their a$$ in any random thread.

Want to talk baiting go start your own thread and debate it there. As someone who is trying to enjoy checking out the threads here piss off it’s annoying

No I don’t bait and like I said before a big reason is I only see it valuable for trail cam pics.

so for the other members here knock off the BS and go start a thread and debate baiting there

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    And the second at 5:03...

Thanks ourea pretty cool interesting seeing some of them and how they step in the exact prints of the other,
    #5 looks like may be slightly bigger but could just be a male sibling.

^^^^^^^^^^

I can sum up the baiting thing. (even though I was just trying to share some cougar videos until the usual chicken littles chimed in)

If done effectively and in strategic positions it can give a good read on inventory.
    Anyone that has an impression you simply dump some treats on the ground and you start shooting WT has never done it.
    Folks can sit for days and days with no deer sightings.....ask Sitka Spruce.
    It is nothing more than a tool that can be used in an overall strategy for WT.

As for the same little handful of antagonizers that snipe from the sidelines, it's just who they are.
    They lack the skills to platform and engage any topic in a meaningful way, contribute nothing......complain and point fingers is the only card they know how to play. Pointless to get mad at a midget for being short.

Quite frankly this approach has chased so many people off of HBC.
    Shame really.

Also, take note of the date on the video.....it's Dec 31st.
    That's one full month after rifle season.

Note there isn't a single deer track to be seen as most WT get blown out to lower elevations here after any decent amount of snow.
    This is only the second time I have caught cats here in 5+ years of having cams hanging from April until Jan.

Also note that there is a razor back ridge off to the left.
    I placed cams at the base of it on a bench as it is a natural flow point for game.
    It stands to reason that you will capture animals simply travelling thru in such a location.

Assertions being made about these videos and what they represent are baseless and fly in the face of evidence and common sense.
    Pure nonsense to be blunt.

I don’t bait but have seen lots of cam pics from those who do. Including every single pic from my close friends sites that he has been running bait/minerals for years

Have seen no increase in predators from these sites. I have seen no increase with ungulates either with the exception of bucks keying in on minerals mid to late summer. I do see deer pause for nicer pictures and less unidentifiable butt pics then a pinch point cam

It may not be my style of hunting but I have no issue calling BS on false accusations about it

I don't think theres a need to have to defend yourself here, although I get how some folks can get to others at times.
    When certain individuals seek out others, thread after thread, it does get embarrising, and just plain ignorant.
    This "shadow trolling" has got to stop.
    I still think if some individuals repeatedly do this crap, they should be permanently kicked off of here.
    IT is why some have left.
    And when guys like H47 rarely come on here because of some of this past bs, you know its going the wrong way.

Ourea, carry on, I like what you present the forum, especially the pics from cams etc.
    Sorry for going off topic, but needed to be said.
    Carry on.