Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cougars On Cam

Re: Cougars On Cam

Cougar are not solitary by nature..gps collars have proved that.

The 5th cat could be a son of the female or those kits father...she will kill for him or at least he will share in the kill just as the kits do. It is possible she has 4 kits...I have never seen that many traveling like that but three and a Tom I have seen several times...they even scavenged road kill together.
    Biggest cat I ever killed was feeding off road kill along with a she and her two kits..the road kill had been dumped by highways. The cats here frequent the dump location. It is the best place to find a track. Especially a transient.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Thanks for your experienced input horshur

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

very cool thanks for sharing
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Anther possibility is a older daughter hanging around.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Lengthy tail on this one

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Proguide had one of his guys edit up the first video.
    Pretty cool.
    Thanks Steve!

Maybe just my computer but the edited version is way to blurry to tell anything do you have a un edited version of the last ones in the open.

5 cats is crazy and Ive been wondering lately. A local near kamloops saw 5 grown cougars on the cross country ski trails, hes a life long hunter and outdoorsman and said none of them were little kittens. Is it possible to even have 4 kittens in a year?
    Last edited by Firstblood; 10-30-2023 at 02:40 PM.