Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best region for colour phased bears

Re: Best region for colour phased bears

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Seen lots of nice color phases bears in Region 3. Some chocolate/red/blonde.
    Yes, I have seen a fair share in R3 as well.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Quote Originally Posted by zippermouth View Post
    and a lot more calves/fawns would die. we have plenty of bears, and big bears i have no problem with guys killing 5 ft bears.
    If more guys would get out and shoot 2 bears each spring we would be in a great spot and still have a ton of coloured bears, ton of big bears, and fawns may do a bit better as well.

Not many guys out there shooting many bears it seems. I have no problem with guys killing a couple of smaller bears each year!

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    If more guys would get out and shoot 2 bears each spring we would be in a great spot and still have a ton of coloured bears, ton of big bears, and fawns may do a bit better as well.

Not many guys out there shooting many bears it seems. I have no problem with guys killing a couple of smaller bears each year!
    The number of bear hunters has been increasing a lot actually and this is do to education from forum/internet dispelling the myth bears does not taste good. Most still only look at bear for sausage so are only interested in taking 1 a year.

Most don’t spend near as many days bear hunting to be successful and don’t travel near as much they go unnoticed easier as well. Where the increase in the number of bear hunters is noticed is in 2/3. That is right the invasion of lower mainland hunters all across BC does not happen most stay closer to home

I have watched bear numbers and pressure change in some MUs in 2/3 over the years. I am also starting to see some hunters pushing out farther. I don’t see this as a bad thing either

I don’t think there will be a lot of hunters who shoot 2 bears a year ever but if hunters keep educating others on eating bear meat the number of hunters who take one a year will increase

Bear hunting is such a great intro to the sport for beginners, there are many areas just thick with bears. I see the odd colour phase in the Bulkley/Skeena region but the vast majority are black, many with white markings on the chest.

Don't know why people don't take two bears a year, I have and will every year. Can't beat the meat and the quantity is nice too!

Plus bear hunting has to be my favorite hunting bar none

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Don't know why people don't take two bears a year, I have and will every year. Can't beat the meat and the quantity is nice too!

Plus bear hunting has to be my favorite hunting bar none
    Multipe hunters in the house and if we all tag out it’s more bear meat then we will each in a year

No point taking more then your house hold needs

Princess Royal Island seems to have a few

Quote Originally Posted by zippermouth View Post
    and a lot more calves/fawns would die. we have plenty of bears, and big bears i have no problem with guys killing 5 ft bears.
    Exactly ! People KILL small Deer etc All Bears should be SHOT ! jmo RJ

I second srupp.

Region 3 gets my vote nice color phased bears within this region..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..