Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best region for colour phased bears

Best region for colour phased bears

I live in 7a and don’t get see many colour phases black bears. I have successfully harvested a few nice big 6+ feet black bears. Definitely no shortage of bears just not a whole lot of colour phase. I would really like to put in the time to find a nice colour phase this year. I saw one blonde bear with dark brown head and legs which was just awesome to see. It was pretty small so I just filmed it and let it walk. Never have seen another one like it.

I’ve hunted Region 5 and the spots we have hunted are about 25% colour phase. Same with a spot in region 3. What is everyone’s opinion on % of colour phase bears in the various regions? Anybody see many colour phase in region 7 or 6?

cheers!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best region for colour phased bears

I seen an ok number(less than 25%) of colour phase last spring in 6 but nothing that was of much for size. There are pockets where they are more common in 6 but not as high as 25%

In my opinion 25% colour phase is a good area if looking for colour and I found region 3 was best for numbers

I have killed lots of big bears but only time a big colour phase shows I am not the shooter. My 2 smallest bears are the only colour phase I have shot. Bit of a personal curse for me lol

I don’t mind sharing spots in southern 6 with colours around but no promises on % or size

Region 5 always has a good mix of colour phase bears. I mostly hunt the southern end of region 5.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Region 5 always has a good mix of colour phase bears. I mostly hunt the southern end of region 5.
    Both my very large boars were color phase. Northern zone 3 / zone 8.

7a,

North of PG

NORTH FRASER
    MCGREGGOR
    SEABACK
    SUMMIT LAKE

all these areas I’ve seen some nice color bears. Some really nice ones. Some massive blacks too.

7A...probably MU 7-12
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Seen lots of nice color phases bears in Region 3. Some chocolate/red/blonde.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

7-12, 7-13, 7-14, 7-15, 7-24, these are where I hunt for the color phase bears. Seen a Huge bugger 2 years ago in 7-24, was cinnamon in color! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

I see way more color phase bears in the hills around vernon then solid black ones.

7-13, 6-04, 6-05, 6-06, 6-08, and 60-9 but some parts of theses MUs are better then others. This years fires have hit some spots hard so who knows how this spring will be