Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Location recommendation wanted: Spring Bear, Family Friendly, Fishing, "Camping"

Location recommendation wanted: Spring Bear, Family Friendly, Fishing, "Camping"

I didn't want to hijack the other "Spring bear" thread that is going on here, but it got me thinking: Does anyone have any ideas/recommendations for spots one can take the family for say a week or so in spring, kid-friendly accommodation (say..."cabin", etc, as tent-camping will likely be too cold for the kids), and excuse oneself for half a day at a time to go bear hunting and/or fishing? Anyone ever done this...?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Location recommendation wanted: Spring Bear, Family Friendly, Fishing, "Camping"

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    I didn't want to hijack the other "Spring bear" thread that is going on here, but it got me thinking: Does anyone have any ideas/recommendations for spots one can take the family for say a week or so in spring, kid-friendly accommodation (say..."cabin", etc, as tent-camping will likely be too cold for the kids), and excuse oneself for half a day at a time to go bear hunting and/or fishing? Anyone ever done this...?
    I have stayed in Osoyoos in hotels with the wife and daughter 3 times with that in mind......all 3 times I managed to get a WT during my morning escapes...heheheh

Re: Location recommendation wanted: Spring Bear, Family Friendly, Fishing, "Camping"

What region are your thinking about?

How far you willing to travel?

Good question.... I would say up to a day of travel from GVRD?

Nine bay lake east kootenay, so many great lakes to fish, nice lake front spots on mitten lake and plenty of bear around.

Bear will offer large amount of options
    look at final week of the season, so as to have many, if not all bear out of hibernation.
    Region 8 and or 3 can produce some cranker bears.
    couple cabin options
    Tulameen Treasure
    Mile High resort
    Google
    Another fellow on here rents out of red Lake, not far from Kamloops.
    Good Luck
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Another fellow on here rents out of red Lake, not far from Kamloops.
    Good Luck
    That's what I was thinking; I've seen some nice colour phase outside of Kammy

SB

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Head up to Finger Lake resort, or Tatuk lake resort, south of Vanderhoof! Excellent family resorts, with cabins, and access to awesome black bear hunting!! moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Awesome guys, really appreciate it. Hadn't even heard of some of the places, will definitely check it out. Anyone know the member's name off red lake?