Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Location recommendation wanted: Spring Bear, Family Friendly, Fishing, "Camping"

Re: Location recommendation wanted: Spring Bear, Family Friendly, Fishing, "Camping"

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    Awesome guys, really appreciate it. Hadn't even heard of some of the places, will definitely check it out. Anyone know the member's name off red lake?
    He is a vendor on this site.
    My last visit to mile high resort/ Face lake was fabulous.
    They rent boat & motor , little store avail, some nice fishing and many quality logging roads for bear
    Enjoy
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Re: Location recommendation wanted: Spring Bear, Family Friendly, Fishing, "Camping"

Francois Lake can make a good base camp for bear hunting and offers good lake trout fishing and rainbows. There is a lodge on the north west end but have not used it myself

Babine lake also has a lodge towards grandisle. Some big bears in that area mostly black phase. Lakers are smaller then Francois but rainbows can hit 8lbs also burbot you can set line for.

I don’t use cabins or lodges so don’t know how these places are to stay at

Azouzetta lake lodge is another one to check out too
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Sheridan lake and deka lake usually have cabins for rent.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    Nine bay lake east kootenay, so many great lakes to fish, nice lake front spots on mitten lake and plenty of bear around.
    No cabins up there.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

Tulameen - Kellett Cabin.
    Hunter and family friendly, owner hunts, has a "hoist" right in his front yard for your bear.
    Helped a fellow HBCer hoist his Spring Bear there this Spring.
    While you are out hunting, family can quad right from the cabin, boat in the lake, walk to the River, walk to the Store / Café.
    Highly recommend.
    OK, I'm biased because our "cabin" is right across from his but really, suggest you look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Tulameen - Kellett Cabin.
    Hunter and family friendly, owner hunts, has a "hoist" right in his front yard for your bear.
    Helped a fellow HBCer hoist his Spring Bear there this Spring.
    While you are out hunting, family can quad right from the cabin, boat in the lake, walk to the River, walk to the Store / Café.
    Highly recommend.
    OK, I'm biased because our "cabin" is right across from his but really, suggest you look into it.
    If I recall you helped hoist a few beers while even the 5-year old lifted the bear, but my memory might be bad... I'll return the favour when you've got an animal on the ground (cough).

SB

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Belly View Post
    If I recall you helped hoist a few beers while even the 5-year old lifted the bear, but my memory might be bad... I'll return the favour when you've got an animal on the ground (cough).

SB
    Your 5 year old is tougher than either one of us.
    You were having trouble hoisting the bear because your Toyota couldn't handle the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    No cabins up there.
    Correct, I thought he said camping instead of cabins. My bad.

http://www.noraleeresort.com/ The one on Francois Lake

We just based a work crew there, nice place and very friendly folks running it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Francois Lake can make a good base camp for bear hunting and offers good lake trout fishing and rainbows. There is a lodge on the north west end but have not used it myself

Babine lake also has a lodge towards grandisle. Some big bears in that area mostly black phase. Lakers are smaller then Francois but rainbows can hit 8lbs also burbot you can set line for.

I don’t use cabins or lodges so don’t know how these places are to stay at