Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Nine Outfitters new owner

Re: Big Nine Outfitters new owner

Last i heard the deal closed Mar 1, included the land. Steph Lough (sheep guide) and her partner are running it.
    Their email still works if more info needed.

Yeh, hopefully that sorry jealous old sumbeotch excuse of of a man Barry Tompkins is too old or dead by now. also, I hear the american running big nine now is not much better and running the business straight into the ground .

Chad Miller is the outfitter now, he is from BC. Super nice guy. Not sure if he owns it or not though?

Big Nine’s reputation in the hunting world speaks for itself. We are recognized worldwide as a professional operation that goes the extra mile for its clients.

Our Outfitter Chad’s introduction into guiding/outfitting began in 2002 when family friends recommended him to Bryan Martin. He started out wrangling and packing and eventually guiding which he immediately took too. Since then Chad has guided in the NWT, Asia, and a number of areas in BC and Alberta. He has always had a determined mindset, and has been willing to do whatever it took for hunters to realize their dream hunt. Aside from guiding he is also the owner operator of a Alberta Whitetail operation (Millers North Outfitting) and has always been committed to not only the success of the trip, but the enjoyment of it as well.
    Last edited by todbartell; 06-08-2023 at 02:16 PM.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Facebook says he does! Lots of experience in that family guiding folks, bumped into some of the family over the years while out hunting, nice people! moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

That’s a quality photo , landscape and elk !
    Arctic Lake
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Chad Miller is the outfitter now, he is from BC. Super nice guy. Not sure if he owns it or not though?

Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Facebook says he does! Lots of experience in that family guiding folks, bumped into some of the family over the years while out hunting, nice people! moosin
    must be true then )

Also heard Chad is holding the license only, for some deep pockets
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post

Well hopefully he didnt learn any of Bryan Martins bad traits, probably not the best guy to have on your hunting/outfitting resume.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Well hopefully he didnt learn any of Bryan Martins bad traits, probably not the best guy to have on your hunting/outfitting resume.
    Nail that 100 %
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    must be true then )

Also heard Chad is holding the license only, for some deep pockets
    I can only comment on my interactions with them, and they were pleasant, helpful, and was like chatting with most from here on HBC! Sorry I can't substantiate the bad stories/interactions!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by Kluachesi View Post
    Yeh, hopefully that sorry jealous old sumbeotch excuse of of a man Barry Tompkins is too old or dead by now. also, I hear the american running big nine now is not much better and running the business straight into the ground .
    I've known barry for a long time He has been a straight shooter with his guides and clients. Not sure what problems you had with him?