Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly in moose information wanted..

Fly in moose information wanted..

After driving to the Yukon border only to find multiple moose camps, multiple jet boats on the river I have basically given up on looking for a place to hunt ‘any bull’ .Not interested in trophy animals,just a good safe hunt with my boys someplace where we can enjoy the wilderness,see some game and take a 3 or 4 year old meat bull.I’m considering a fly in,but have no idea where to start,who to book for a flight,or even where to go .Any information is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 12-12-2018 at 09:45 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fly in moose information wanted..

I'm in the same boat (plane?), looking for a rut hunt with an open season for 2019.

Lot more lakes in the northwest, I'd be checking Dease Lake or Atlin.

Good season in the northeast, but doesn't seem to be as many options to fly in.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I dont understand why people go so far north for moose. Sve a few thousand and hit up region 7 instead.

If I'm coming home empty handed, at least I won't be as broke Haha.

What? Flyin' Moose! I'm getting a stronger umbrella today.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post
    I dont understand why people go so far north for moose. Sve a few thousand and hit up region 7 instead.

If I'm coming home empty handed, at least I won't be as broke Haha.

Maybe for the experience? And to stay away from the millions of you’s out there. And your odds of success is greatly higher. There’s a few reasons.

To the OP that’s a great idea, Atlin would be where I would look to fly out of for a moose hunt.

Good luck!

Don’t kid yourself about getting away from all the people. Moose season is a mad house for the charter companies and good lakes will have camps on them. Sometimes several camps. If I want to see fewer hunters I’ll go in late August. You don’t have to fly far, there are way less people and the moose are around lakes feeding on aquatic plants. They are also fat and happy and delicious.

The downside? Bugs and warm weather. Plus they are not rutting and you can’t call them.

To the OP

BC Yukon Air 250-771-3232

you can PM me for locations if you like.

are you allowed to shoot flyin moose or do you have to wait till they land........sorry, I couldn't resist

Have you considered a outfitter such as Testa river outfitters just a suggestion. Definitely won’t run into the masses out there. I have hunted with them for sure 100% top quality service and great people amazing horses. Beth and Doug are by far nicest and real people that I have met. Game number were great in their area and will be rebooking to do another hunt with them again. If you want any other info pm me good luck
    VEGETARIAN (vej' eter' een) n:
    Old Indian Word for
    BAD HUNTER

Pick an airline that has a "one party, one lake" policy ... unless the lake is massive. We always plan our trip to be striking camp August 19 .. if you wait until the rut a bunch of bulls will have already been cleared off the lake.