Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for grouse!

Looking for grouse!

Hello guys,

I'm a new hunter from lower mainland, and looking a good spot for grouse hunting.
    Could someone share their spots?
    I did some research on Norrish Creek FSR& Ruby Creek FSR, do you think that would work?

Ducks work for me too if you can kindly point out some public lands&lakes that within 2hrs drive from Burnaby. I'm looking for a quite place to practice so I don't disturb other experienced hunters.

Thanks!
    Last edited by xfioramaster18; 12-12-2018 at 01:04 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for grouse!

I’ve seen a few hanging around just past the bridge on Norish. Only problem is you have to get past the trolls. Good luck!

I didn't check the regs but is grouse still open to hunt? Don't be surprised if you don't find any since the stupid ones are long gone since September.

I did get curious and just checked the Regs and they are still open to the 15th. I had packed it in a few weeks ago - I wasn't interested in just grouse but maybe I could have gone for a walkabout scouting for rubs and other game signs. Missed an opportunity I guess.

Well you do have a little time to get out there so a drive up Stave Lake might be in order or the little lakes around Maple Ridge - Whonnok Lake area - check the regs and the Fraser Valley single projectile ban and then you'll probably need the liability insurance.

Walking train tracks trough good areas might also be something to consider but please observe all Laws and regulations.
    Last edited by Rieber; 12-12-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Sprinkle sand or spruce needles on the road and watch them come running in

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Sprinkle sand or spruce needles on the road and watch them come running in
    Baiting for grouse. Is that even legal?

It would sure suck to be out there this morning in all the rain. Jeepers the puddles are getting deep, I saw a semi tractor going through a puddle on the road and the water was over the top of his bumper and he was literally plowing through the water with his grill.

I don't think you're finding grouse in this weather. Good luck.

I practice grouse calls in the truck on my way to work. It has taken me 2-3 years of practice, but finally got it down this year and tagged out on my first trip.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    I practice grouse calls in the truck on my way to work. It has taken me 2-3 years of practice, but finally got it down this year and tagged out on my first trip.

hah - so you're the guy I see in the mornings driving to work, doing the neck stretch and clucking like a chicken. That explains a few things. I put it to rest as someone just has a problem but practicing is cool. Good use of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    hah - so you're the guy I see in the mornings driving to work, doing the neck stretch and clucking like a chicken. That explains a few things. I put it to rest as someone just has a problem but practicing is cool. Good use of the time.
    In Abby those are just meth heads on their way home after a night of stealing what they can for their next hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    In Abby those are just meth heads on their way home after a night of stealing what they can for their next hit.
    No - meth heads don't drive. Their addiction consumes their vehicles and lives.

Nope - the guy I see near the Pautullo Bridge surely is a chicken cluckin, grouse caller.