Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring bear 2019

Re: Spring bear 2019

The doctors assessment is in. He says it is broken.

She will be going in for the x-ray tomorrow and then back to the doctor for the follow-up.

Meanwhile, she is talking about terrain and hunting strategies for next weekend . Seriously? Yep... she's serious she says, as she hobbles around doing house work while I sit on the couch and she won't let me help. Tough stubborn lady she is.

Interesting twist this season. I'm filming it all LOL

Get her a all terrain wheel chair.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Hoping to run into the bear that charged me in 2017. He is an early riser. I have run into him second week of April 2 years ago and 3rd week of April last year. Unfortunately I stalked him a ways then took a crack at him (after he busted me and was already making an exit) so he might be a little more educated now. The days of him walking through my camp in the daylight are probably over, but I still hate that bear with a passion.

But hold out for a big bear? You must be mistaking me for someone with discipline and patience Between my wife, brother and myself we'd still have 5 more tags if we decide to get fancy. LOL just thought of filling 6 tags total... man the ungulates would be happy.
    Hope you get that big guy.

Myself and two hunting buddies took 5 bears out of our white tail hunting MU last season, and we already spent this weekend tracking down more, we fully intend to take 6 more out of this area ! Year after year until the moose and white tail can rebound..

^^^^good on ya....saving a lot of young ones...

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Hope you get that big guy.

Myself and two hunting buddies took 5 bears out of our white tail hunting MU last season, and we already spent this weekend tracking down more, we fully intend to take 6 more out of this area ! Year after year until the moose and white tail can rebound..
    Hey I Better get in on this with you Guys - I Like KILLIN Bears ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    The doctors assessment is in. He says it is broken.

She will be going in for the x-ray tomorrow and then back to the doctor for the follow-up.

Meanwhile, she is talking about terrain and hunting strategies for next weekend . Seriously? Yep... she's serious she says, as she hobbles around doing house work while I sit on the couch and she won't let me help. Tough stubborn lady she is.

Interesting twist this season. I'm filming it all LOL
    Hey Caddis sounds like you have a real trooper with Ms Caddis . Good luck in your bear quest !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Hey I Better get in on this with you Guys - I Like KILLIN Bears ! RJ
    Seems you're in the same neck of the woods... Maybe the ungulates will have a break in the spring! Fall bear might taste better (I don't think so) but dropping all the bears before Fawn and calf season makes me feel all fuzzy inside, and who doesnt want bear burgers all summer !?

in my backyard lots of bears region 4 22 and 4 23 good luck
    bigben

Quote Originally Posted by drift6969 View Post
    Doesn't van island have lot's of hunting pressure.
    Not really for bears. Theres a lot of deer pressure, but for bears and grouse its not a huge thing here. The place I go we only usually see one or two trucks a season. Its really steep about 20% and the road is blast rock and shale. Weeds a lot of people out. I took 5 bears with my group of hunting buddies up there last year. Might try a new spot this year to let them grow back hahaha. The biggest issue on the island bear hunting is the hippies.

Yeah the hippies love it there lol. I don't mind working a little harder to get to a spot if it means there will be less people.