Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Spring bear 2019

Re: Spring bear 2019

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    How far north? Haven't had ice on the lakes here in a few weeks. Even the big lakes like Nicola have thawed out mind you they are quite low elevation.
    Waiting for Francois lake to thaw and she is not a little one. Francois was just starting to break up 3days ago. Only lake that I would bet on being completely ice free is Ootsa

Still snow in my yard

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Waiting for Francois lake to thaw and she is not a little one. Francois was just starting to break up 3days ago. Only lake that I would bet on being completely ice free is Ootsa

Still snow in my yard
    Well according to this thread at least you live in the best bear spot .

I don't envy that weather though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    No Deer left where I Bear hunt.

They were all pit lamped out of existence, on their wintering ground, a couple years ago..

Be cool to have a Grizz show up on one the cams, now that there in the area though..
    without being specific, do you mean around goldbridge? or would you rather not say

Well according to this thread at least you live in the best bear spot .

I don't envy that weather though.
    No lack of awesome bear hunting spots within a short drive just takes a little longer for spring to arrive

going to the in-laws for easter next weekend in Kamloops. Even worth look around, or leave the bow at home?

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunterCR View Post
    going to the in-laws for easter next weekend in Kamloops. Even worth look around, or leave the bow at home?
    Always worth a look, but being local I'd say I won't hold your breath. I'd give it a solid two weeks of warmth before the action picks up, this cold spell and snow we just got doesn't help.

I've been into my cabin up near Lillooet a couple times in the past week. No scat, no sign. Still a fair bit of snow up high. I saw one deer that looked like she'd had a tough winter, otherwise no critters stirring.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Nothing a few months of physio wont fix. Maybe this is why it's hard to find people who want to hunt with me. Trick is to marry them so they feel obligated.
    Just catching up on this thread now and I can't believe nobody else commented on the little bit of brilliance quoted above.

Hope Caddisgirl is doing OK. I dislocated my big toe a couple years ago and it still won't bend. Foot injuries suck.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Always worth a look, but being local I'd say I won't hold your breath. I'd give it a solid two weeks of warmth before the action picks up, this cold spell and snow we just got doesn't help.
    either way a good chance to escape for a few hours and walk in the forest

Quote Originally Posted by drift6969 View Post
    So many good places but Kitwanga intrigues me.
    I said Kitwanga because the 1st post was asking for a location with abundant population where hunting may help bring down the over-saturated population density. If we are talking about size and quality, region 3, 5, 6, 7 are all pretty good, but 6 and 7 has the most abundant population.
    Too many hobbies, too little time.