Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring bear 2019

Re: Spring bear 2019

Yup that is 100% a WT no argument here. Not a big surprise just every time someone has shown me a region 2 WT it’s a blacktail flagging or a 3pt blacktail. I knew it was only a matter of the time for a real WT to be seen

tell the truth Caddisgirl being “clumsy out hunting “ is the same as some wives “fall down the stairs” lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Yup that is 100% a WT no argument here. Not a big surprise just every time someone has shown me a region 2 WT it’s a blacktail flagging or a 3pt blacktail. I knew it was only a matter of the time for a real WT to be seen

tell the truth Caddisgirl being “clumsy out hunting “ is the same as some wives “fall down the stairs” lol

"she fell! I swear !" LOL. The worst for that was the broken nose and black eyes when we visited her parents and sister soon after. I am sure they wondered for a moment. I don't blame them. I wouldn't believe half our stories if someone else was telling them.

"That's right I told her to make me a dang sammich and when I say I want a dang sammich I want it NOW"
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-06-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Dang it looks bad. Injury seemed to involve the top structure of her foot, but more and more black / blue / red starting to take over the bottom of her foot. Seems like a lot of internal bleed crap going on. Makes me think something did crack. We should know in 48 hours

Need new hunting partner asap! (must sign a legal waiver tho... and pay for gas and do all the field dressing and packout) LOL
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-07-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Sorry to hear Caddisguy and gal, hope for a speedy recovery!

Getting back to bear, I had a couple questions...

As a full blown rookie, I convinced my brother-in law to come with me and check out a place in MU8 yesterday.

We drove out around 10-11am ish, up a service road to a place I had heard is good (during normal season may/june). Way too much snow, but we both appreciated the hike as we don't get out that much, and want to do more to get in shape for GOS. It started out as a sunny hike up a service road, but quickly changed to sinking into snow past our knees in blizzard like conditions. We literally had to crawl hands and knees in some spots to get back to harder snow pack. I guess we'll give it a few more weeks!

We came across a bunch of different skat, and I was hoping someone could educate me on what we found.

1) I wonder if one is wolf, looks like lots of hair in it...

2) Though this next one might be bear, but not sure:

3) Then came across this weird one that we had no idea:

And pretty sure this is not optimal bear hunting conditions:

Thanks for any help about the skat!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

For what it is worth...
    I look for old logging road with clover growing on them and then in old un-planted cuts. Seems to be my best places.
    With that said I always wait until May to hunt bears. All of the toxicity from winter hibernation is out of their system and its warm out.
    Also I never get out early (before sunrise), just no need to.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

1) hard to say could be coyote even but it looks old either way

2) could be bear But it looks like it was under the snow and now has been exposed from melt making me question it.

3) porcupine

and to end it off you are not likely to find a bear under those conditions lol. Go way lower in elevation and find sunny areas that hold at least some green up.

Or wait until conditions improve and bears start moving lol. If you’re goal is to get out and hike keep at it but if you are mainly wanting to get a bear wait

WE watched a VERY BLONE Bear yesterday near spences bridge while attending the spring sheep count ! In all my years of hunting and shooting Black Bears i have NEVER seen one that Blone - Nearly Completely - Very Little brown at all on Him ! Seen LOTs of G Bears like that BUT never a blackie ! He was a way off but his hide looked Very Good - Nice Bear and Would make a GREAT rug- still alive as of yesterday afternoon !

Cheers RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    WE watched a VERY BLONE Bear yesterday near spences bridge while attending the spring sheep count ! In all my years of hunting and shooting Black Bears i have NEVER seen one that Blone - Nearly Completely - Very Little brown at all on Him ! Seen LOTs of G Bears like that BUT never a blackie ! He was a way off but his hide looked Very Good - Nice Bear and Would make a GREAT rug- still alive as of yesterday afternoon !

Cheers RJ
    Any size or just the normal 5ft?

Always the odd early one a long the river and that area greens up fast. Unfortunately access sucks unless you are willing to do a crazy pack out for a bear

very good % of coloured bears around Spence’s but not the best average size. Most colour phase there are cinnamon but I have seen some nice reds and blonds

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post

Cheers RJ
    That bear was something to see. My son will talk about it probably till next count.

Me a friend seen a white tail up the elaho a few years ago it blew us away