Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you BCWF

Thank you BCWF

Occasionally I have seen criticism of the BCWF on this site. Maybe it is warranted, maybe not. Likely that most guys don't know exactly what is happening behind the scenes and all that the BCWF does. Anyway, I read today that they provided financial backing for the Douglas Lake Ranch court case as well as provided testimony...so, thanks for that BCWF. Hoping that this precedent will now be applied to Timberwest and Island Timberlands on the lower Island.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Thank you BCWF

Nice post. It be great to see BCWF reporting on island deer and other animal numbers, what plans are in the works for habitat management including the quickly depleting old growth forests, etc. I'd be happy to spend more on hunting licenses and tags if it meant more of the money was going directly to effective long term environmental management with hunters in mind.

" I read today that they provided financial backing for the Douglas Lake Ranch court case as well as provided testimony "

Would you have a link to your source please?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Puttin the money where the mouth is, action Jackson.

Jelly Jack Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    " I read today that they provided financial backing for the Douglas Lake Ranch court case as well as provided testimony "

Would you have a link to your source please?
    From this post it sounds like the OP might be wrong

Article in the Tuesday edition of the Times Colonist.

“I think this is a really significant decision,” says Andrew Gage, a lawyer with West Coast Environmental Law.
    “This is a landmark case,” concurred the B.C. Wildlife Federation’s Al Martin, who testified at the trial. “It’s a huge step forward.”
    Both those organizations provided financial backing to this story’s David, the victorious Nicola Valley Fish and Game Club.

I will concur that a/the lawyer with West Coast Environmental Law was legal council, I would hold my breath as to any support from BCWF endorsement. The Nicola Vallley Rod & Gun Club withdrew their membership from the BCWF over this issue citing lack of support. I am not certain that they have since returned to the fold or not.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

on the BCWF site
    "Thanks to the Nicola Valley Fish and Game Club, and to all the BCWF clubs and members who donated to the legal fight that helped win this landmark ruling."

Just how big is their legal defense fund
    Last edited by boxhitch; 12-13-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Look at the loonies in whistler..and there law firm.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...maAFjxVS4DuzcI
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Oh look..supporters same name...a gift makes a slave.

https://www.wcel.org/our-supporters
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)