Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Binocular Harness

Re: Binocular Harness

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    This actually looks really cool. Thanks for sharing this!!. i had not heard of this company before! I have been debating on a new AGC but was hoping to find something a little more low profile in the shoulder straps. This could be it!

Seems to have a large back piece on it .... do you find that makes your back any hotter than it usually is under a pack?
    Was my worry as well, but after talking to the owner, I needed to try it. After a full summer of trail caming and hunting season, most with a pack on my back, I never experienced any heating or rubbing even when wearing just a light merino wool shirt. I like the adjustability of the system as well as the padding that protects the binos. The built in rain pouch is handy, just remember to take it back out and dry it off before putting it away until needed again. Would recommend them to anyone looking for a good quality bino system. Keep in mind I have never tried any other system other than the S4 Lockdown and a basic Leupold harness, so I can't compare to the others out there.

X2 ... has anyone tried their gators? They look taller than most. 18.5" ... I think my MEC ones are 17?

Interesting ... would love to hear if someone has a pair
    Will be the next ones to try, once my Kenetreks wear out, which seems a long way away. If they are built like the harness, they should be good!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Was my worry as well, but after talking to the owner, I needed to try it. After a full summer of trail caming and hunting season, most with a pack on my back, I never experienced any heating or rubbing even when wearing just a light merino wool shirt. I like the adjustability of the system as well as the padding that protects the binos. The built in rain pouch is handy, just remember to take it back out and dry it off before putting it away until needed again. Would recommend them to anyone looking for a good quality bino system. Keep in mind I have never tried any other system other than the S4 Lockdown and a basic Leupold harness, so I can't compare to the others out there.

Will be the next ones to try, once my Kenetreks wear out, which seems a long way away. If they are built like the harness, they should be good!

Cheers

SS
    Thanks! How did you find the sizing? I notice on their site they recommend "medium" for some 10x42 binos and "large" for others that are also 10x42. Which did you end up going with and do you find it snug, loose, or a good fit? Thanks! I will probably order these.

Have the AGC Denali I believe (biggest model) and have never had an issue with it interfering with my pack. Room for binos, range finder, headlamp, distress call, flagging tape, tags, some iodine tablets, lighter and a couple trioxane bars. If all you need is a pouch for your binos an AGC harness might be overkill but I like it for the simple fact I can drop my pack for a stalk and not not have to worry about being screwed if it gets dark before I make it back...could most likely also fit a havalon piranta or similar knife and couple spare blades.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Thanks! How did you find the sizing? I notice on their site they recommend "medium" for some 10x42 binos and "large" for others that are also 10x42. Which did you end up going with and do you find it snug, loose, or a good fit? Thanks! I will probably order these.
    I got the large after talking to the owner. I have Leupold GR HD 8x42 and they fit well, with a slight space between the sides. Top to bottom is perfect

I would call and talk to them, they know their dimensions and can cross reference with the bino's you own. Another nice thing, although a small thing, is the first aid kit they add. It is very, very basic and does not really add much, but they did.

Good luck in your purchase

Cheers

SS

"In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Anyone have the KUIU harness? Was eyeballing them. Look well made with Velcro attachments for extra goodies.
    Hunt, Enjoy, Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by whitespringer View Post
    Anyone have the KUIU harness? Was eyeballing them. Look well made with Velcro attachments for extra goodies.
    lots of people use the Kuiu one.
    But something to keep in mind .... the upper harness straps are the straps that hold your binoculars as well. They don't have bino straps that connect to the shoulder straps. So when you pull out the binos the harness may flop over a bit unless its quite tight on your chest. A lot of us don't prefer to have the harness on really tight. Just something to keep in mind with the Kuiu one.

Quote Originally Posted by whitespringer View Post
    Have KUIU harness < no Velcro > love it , fits nice and comfy doesn't feel like you have a small suitcase around your neck like someone those oversize balky ones .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Have KUIU harness < no Velcro > love it , fits nice and comfy doesn't feel like you have a small suitcase around your neck like someone those oversize balky ones .
    I do like the compact look of it. The Velcro I was referring to was the "hook and loop" on the underside to attach accessories. Thought that was a cool option.
    twoSeven0- good to know about the potential flop action. ��
    Hunt, Enjoy, Repeat

That was my only complaint with the kuiu harness, so I fixed that with a sewing needle and thread pretty quickly, shoulder straps stitched straight to the bag...I don’t like having any straps on my binos
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster