Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Binocular Harness

Re: Binocular Harness

Badlands here as well. Like the magnetic closure so long as I don’t take my bingos out and allow the thing to snap shut....can be noisy. Also like that it opens frontward....a big plus in my mind.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Alaskan guide creations.

I got the Alaskan guid series this past fall. I went from old school strap around my neck to this harness so i don't have anything to compare to. I like it but there was definitely an adjustment period for me. My biggest complaint initially was when i looked down it blocked some of my view which i didn't like when scrambling across scree slopes and rocky mountain sides. I did however get use to it and i do like that it keeps my binoculars rangefinder and phone all handy

I've grown up hunting whitetail and moose in Alberta so a lot of sitting on stand or driving. I'm on my third hunting season out here in BC and have been getting more and more into hunting from base camp and doing day hikes but will likely go for one or two back pack trips next fall... just starting to chip away at purchasing some new gear.

I also need a new pack and am looking at either Mystery Ranch Marshall's or Stone Glaciers but that is another thread for another day.

The help is much appreciated.

I use an AGC and I love it. Works great for me. Bow hunting or rifle. No issues.

Anyone run the kiss harness from agc? That’s the one I’ve been looking at, not sure how bulky or compact it is though

I picked up the AGC harness with the max pocket from Reliable Guns a few weeks back. Lucked out - over to the mainland for a visit happened to stop by Reliable and it was their customer appreciation day and the harness was on sale. Up until now I have used the Badlands harness with the range finder pouch that clips on the side. Worked great, no issues at all. I do like that it opens forward, but I prefer that the binos attach to the shoulder straps with the AGC instead of inside the pouch as with the Badlands. Haven't used the AGC in the field yet so can't report on function while hunting, but the badlands is a good product.

I also have a Stone Glacier back pack - the Sky Talus 6900 and really like it.

I went with a smaller company from the US that has a slightly different design.

https://outdoorvisiongear.com/

I like that they have a magnetic system, the lid opens outwards, they are highly adjustable and they have a couple small pouches to hold a few items. The system works very well and I put it through some good tests this year and had no issues. Well built, easy to use and fits under my pack with no heat retention or rubbing.

Only complaint is the open lid collects shit when left open and walking through snow or brush, but that is more my fault that the design.

Oh, and the owner is a great person to talk to!! Great customer service!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Are any of these mentioned more waterproof than the other?

Agc is weather resistant. Not water proof. But i doubt any are water proof.