Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Binocular Harness

Re: Binocular Harness

I pack the Marsupial Bino Harness and Rangefinder Pouch. Great Product. Only negative is the sides are open so when hiking thru snow covered brush/trees snow falls into Bino Case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    I went with a smaller company from the US that has a slightly different design.

https://outdoorvisiongear.com/

I like that they have a magnetic system, the lid opens outwards, they are highly adjustable and they have a couple small pouches to hold a few items. The system works very well and I put it through some good tests this year and had no issues. Well built, easy to use and fits under my pack with no heat retention or rubbing.

Only complaint is the open lid collects shit when left open and walking through snow or brush, but that is more my fault that the design.

Oh, and the owner is a great person to talk to!! Great customer service!!

Cheers

SS
    This actually looks really cool. Thanks for sharing this!!. i had not heard of this company before! I have been debating on a new AGC but was hoping to find something a little more low profile in the shoulder straps. This could be it!

Seems to have a large back piece on it .... do you find that makes your back any hotter than it usually is under a pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    I went with a smaller company from the US that has a slightly different design.

https://outdoorvisiongear.com/

I like that they have a magnetic system, the lid opens outwards, they are highly adjustable and they have a couple small pouches to hold a few items. The system works very well and I put it through some good tests this year and had no issues. Well built, easy to use and fits under my pack with no heat retention or rubbing.

Only complaint is the open lid collects shit when left open and walking through snow or brush, but that is more my fault that the design.

Oh, and the owner is a great person to talk to!! Great customer service!!

Cheers

SS
    There gators look very nice

I have been using the Vortex bino harness this year and i do not recommend it. It's crap.

1. hard to work with one hand.
    2. the straps that hold the binos constantly slip, even when doubled over. I had to put clothes pins in to stop from sliding
    3. BOTH buckles broke when i went to put it on in cold weather.

I will be using it until end of season (saturday) and returning it to Cabela's.

Has anyone had a chance to try out the new one from Steve ecklund, the next level hunter harness with range finder pouch? It looks cool, but seems really wide open, looks like it would get pretty dirty rather quickly

The badlands with the magnets is great.
    If I just lift the binos a bit, the lid stays open.
    Or you can fold it down and use the hook system to keep it open.
    Only complaint, it could of had a zipper compartment for my elk diaphragms.
    Maybe the news ones do??
    Had my for 10 years I think, and no problems.
    Best piece of hunting gear I ever bought.
    IMO

I tried a few and liked the kuiu harness the best, minimalist design, I also use their range finder holder on the side of the harness (also put my havalon and tiny flashlight on the other side)...I tried the AGC and found it was too hot, but it was their largest size bag i think, I would maybe like the smaller model better...I like how the new kuiu models have a velcro bottom so you can add an ammo holder, or range finder if you prefer that location
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    There gators look very nice
    X2 ... has anyone tried their gators? They look taller than most. 18.5" ... I think my MEC ones are 17?

Interesting ... would love to hear if someone has a pair

I love my alaskan bino harness..I have the bigger one and wish I got the biggest one...it doesnt interfere with my pack at all...I have anything I need to survive in it so if I drop the pack or go on a short hike I'm good

I carry delorme in the bottom with scalpal knife, fire starter and lighter, spare scalpal blades, spare batteries, head lamp...in the right side pocket my gps, in the left side pocket my wind dope, in the back my tags and a small map, range finder in the front with tether and smart phone on top.....if only there was room for a little whiskey flask
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by Frank grimes View Post
    Anyone run the kiss harness from agc? That’s the one I’ve been looking at, not sure how bulky or compact it is though
    As the name states, KISS, it is very small and compact compared to the others. I have the Classic and now wish I got the Classic WITH the M.A.X. pocket.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education