Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: snowshoe hares with compound

Re: snowshoe hares with compound

what poundage are you guys shooting? I always get concerned with shooting 70lbs at small game that I'll blow right through it. Fortunately or unfortunately I haven't had the chance yet to test my arrows yet, I'm just using rubber screw-ins instead of judo points but I don't think that would change much.

I ended up taking three rabbits out on a deer hunting trip with my compound bow. Draw weight was at 65lbs and luckily arrows just stuck in the ground with rabbit still stuck on arrow

Judos work very well. Some like the G5 small game head. Others the HTM style rubber blunts. A cheap effective rabbit head is a fender washer installed behind a screw on field tip.

Back in the days of wood arrows, i shot a ton of rabbits with an empty .38 case with four .177 lead pellets swaged into the case for a tip. Push it on a 23/64" woody, center punch the case at the middle on one side and back toward the case mouth 3/16" 90* away a second time. Drill two holes with the smallest bit you have, drive a finish nail through each and clip off the ends. I had some hold up for quite a few shots, some for one shot. They were deadly on cottontails and snowshoes. On jacks I always used broadheads.

Lots of fun, decent eating, etc Good luck!
    Last edited by Blockcaver; 08-01-2020 at 04:59 AM.