Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FWID expires

Re: FWID expires

To set up a BCeID is very easy ..Google BCeID login ..Follow instructions to set up an account ..I used Basic ..Give name address email and create a user name and password ..Write them in a book so you dont forget it..After you have your account you can go to FWID and type in your 9 number hunter Number and a few other things ..It then will show you your profile and your expiration date ..Also says your password expires 2 years after it is created..So you will have to create a new password to log in 3 years later to update ...Hope this helps Tod Bartell ..Dennis

Here's the notice on the BC Gov't Hunting website page:

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...ortant-notices

I agree with everyone on here that this is needless (stupid) bureaucracy... like what else is new!?

How are we supposed to know what hoops we have to jump through when they don't tell you about the hoops in the first place? (Thank you to the OP for starting this thread) The whole FWID/Angler system is laughably awkward, not well thought-out, and has poor implementation.

I would also urge everyone, who hasn't already done so, to file your online petitions and write letters to our illustrious Federal gov't with respect to the propositions that are in Bill C71. And, consider carefully who you're going to vote for in the next elections.

~John
    Last edited by Night Hawk 3; 12-11-2018 at 05:08 PM.

I've always done it old school (lazy) and got shops to manage my licences but followed advice here and figured out how to log in to my Fish and Wildlife account. I'm still not sure how I did that so don't ask. lol. My FWID expires next November and I think I read here you can't mess with it until you're inside the 6 mo window so I'll leave it for now. I got my email on my profile which wasn't there prior so wouldn't a guy think they'd send an email reminder next year Sounds like they've got some growing pains all right..
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    I've always done it old school (lazy) and got shops to manage my licences but followed advice here and figured out how to log in to my Fish and Wildlife account. I'm still not sure how I did that so don't ask. lol. My FWID expires next November and I think I read here you can't mess with it until you're inside the 6 mo window so I'll leave it for now. I got my email on my profile which wasn't there prior so wouldn't a guy think they'd send an email reminder next year Sounds like they've got some growing pains all right..
    mine also said November 2019. I uploaded my pic the other day and it now says December 2021. So you can do it outside the 6months.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Government......talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing and vise versa
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

mine wasn't due until Nov 15 2019 and I renewed it no problem
    ...not sure where the 6 month thing came from

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post

How long is the renewal good for before having to go through this process again?
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

They renew for 3 years. Take a few minutes of your time to renew on line, then it sounds like as fast as an hour to update your file, or as slow as the next business day if you do it in the evening, weekend or holiday.

thanks to the OP for this thread, i never look at that unless its tag buying time, got it updated, good till 2021 now, such another stupid step

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    How long is the renewal good for before having to go through this process again?
    Good for three years
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."