Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FWID expires

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

FWID expires

I saw a blurb elsewhere and can see nothing here. Just to let everyone know that the hunter # we have will expire, mine is Jan 1 2019 so check yours online and see when your new expiry date is. You have to upload a pic of your drivers license for proof of residency if your DL is renewed in less than 6 months they might require more details , I called and got this information from them, they said I was the first person to call and ask and this is new implementation and will be needed every 3 years. So go check what date your# expires
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

2. Site Sponsor

Check your FWID online

Pioneerman posted some great advice, check your FWID. Just logged in and mine said it would expire Jan 1, 2019. Had to upload pic of DL to confirm residency.

Thanks Pioneerman,

SB

From Pioneerman:
    FWID expires

I saw a blurb elsewhere and can see nothing here. Just to let everyone know that the hunter # we have will expire, mine is Jan 1 2019 so check yours online and see when your new expiry date is. You have to upload a pic of your drivers license for proof of residency if your DL is renewed in less than 6 months they might require more details , I called and got this information from them, they said I was the first person to call and ask and this is new implementation and will be needed every 3 years. So go check what date your# expires

Re: Check your FWID online

Nice of them to maybe touch a button or two and send out an email with some kind of statement

Update: they approved my DL in under an hour and renewed the FWID to 2021. Easy as that... hardest part is knowing you need to do it.

Cheers,
    SB

interesting. didnt know it expired

How do you upload your drivers license ? Do you just take a picture and upload that?

what pain in the ass
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Why don't they just link up with our drivers license renewals?? Is it so hard for one arm of the govt to communicate with another?

Re: FWID expires

Isn't wonderful how technology works
    The same Gov't that regulates both driving and hunting licenses can't run an inside verification

Thanks for the info though
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Anyone know if you can renew earlier than your expiry date ? They should send you a renewal notice before your expiry date also .
    Arctic Lake