Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: FWID expires

Re: FWID expires

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneerman View Post
    How would you be able to have a updated BC id or DL if not living here ? You can not have BCDL and be a resident of another province you have to have their DL. I also have not ever remembered giving any other ID to buy a license or tags other than hunters #or possibly my old license.
    Also if you are now buy license and tags online they will have your information
    Correct you need B.C. ID with both but old system you have to produce ID with every tag/license purchase new system you actually can go multiple seasons without proving resistance.

So no the new system does not make it harder for an ex BC resident to proceed to hunt as a resident. It actually makes it easier to cheat until you need to re new your resident status after someone moves

either way I don’t think this is a big issue in BC but was only explaining to sako79 that the new system does not help stop non residents hunting under a resident license in BC compared to the old system

Why didn't they just get us to put in our BCDL# when we applied for the FWID?

Then whenever you go online to buy a hunting license/tag they check that your BCDL is valid and away we go.

Too simple?
    Last edited by scoutlt1; 12-09-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Why didn't they just get us to put in our BCDL# when we applied for the FWID?

Then whenever you go online to buy a hunting license/tag they check that your BCDL is valid and away we go.

Too simple?
    Could be becasue some are too young for DL and many people lose their license for what ever reason for a certain period of time, but does not disallow them to hunt
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Here is the link "Summary of acceptable documentation". (sorry if its already been posted)

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp...umentation.pdf

Anyone else having trouble logging in to bceid today.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by nature girl View Post
    Anyone else having trouble logging in to bceid today.
    There is an issue with all government log in's today, not just bceid.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche123 View Post
    There is an issue with all government log in's today, not just bceid.
    Thank you for the info
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

All this moaning and groaning is tiring. I took a picture of my DL with my phone, and uploaded that. It was renewed within 2hrs. Total time commitment, 10min MAX. We've all lived here for a while, why does it come as any surprise that we weren't informed about this. Just another hoop. Life too short to get hung up on this stuff. Rant over.

I got an email saying my FWID has been updated to reflect a change to the status of one of my credentials. I logged in and my residency is now expiring Dec10 2021
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Signed into my account the other day. My expiration date isn’t until November but basically says I can’t renew until I’m within a 6 month window of my expiry date.
    "Life's a Bitch............ then ya Die"